cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Fault Checker

N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

Hi

Out of curiosity I had a look at the Broadband Fault Checker.

There was a fault on the line - the voice side not the internet side - and it was sorted on the 7 November. However, the BFC is showing that there is still a fault.

BT will not investigate broadband service problems until any outstanding line faults have been closed. Please contact BT for more information regarding the progress of your reported line fault. Once your line fault has been cleared you should retest your connection and restart these checks if appropriate

I'm not that worried at the moment but if my speed drops etc., and I have to call PlusNet support then surly they will see the above and refer me to BT *spit*.

How often does the Broadband Fault Checker update, if at all?

thank you
21 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

I've got the same thing showing on my phone number, and also I do not have a fault. There's an issue with the fault checker apparently, which is being looked at.
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband Fault Checker

The initial checks that the fault tester does is to see if there are any outstanding faults on the line with BT.

Either there is a bug in the fault checker which is causing it to hiccup even when a fault is closed, or BT have not closed off the fault.

I would ask Plusnet to look into it and get them to see if there is actually a fault open on your line, and if so then it would be worth contacting BT to find out if it's a new fault, or if it's an old one they've forgotten to close off.
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

Martin in my case the fault was raised incorrectly and then closed with BT. But I was told in my ticket that the 'fault' still shows in the BFC due to a problem with it. I think the OP has a similar issue, as his fault was also closed.
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband Fault Checker

Ah... fair enough then...

If it's a bug in the Fault Checker, I'm sure they'll get it sorted soon.

It's something that no other ISP has done before... I think it's great, but it's bound to have teething difficulties.
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

........There's an issue with the fault checker apparently, which is being looked at.

Thanks for the information boycie. Lets hope Plusnet picks this thread up and sorts out the bug. I can see it being used as an excuse to offload a PlusNet problem onto BT and ultimately, back to the customer.

I know new innovations often have bugs in them but they really should carry a health warning, or in this case a clear statement informing the customer that it's a beta version. Failing that - don't put it up for general use until it's proved itself among a dedicated user group. Like PlusNetters
Community Veteran

Broadband Fault Checker

Or the official PUG, Isn't beta testing one of their roles?

*waits for peter to pop up and say it was tested and there were many thing the PUG were unhappy with but PN didn't listen* :razz:
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Broadband Fault Checker

Unfortunately with a system such as the faults checker you can test it as much as you like but it's not until it's used in the wild when you know exactly how well it works or if there are any bugs.

We are aware of some minor issues with the fault checker and are working to resolve them.
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

............. but it's not until it's used in the wild when you know exactly how well it works or if there are any bugs.

Ben it has been know to get quite wild over at PlusNetters Wink

Just the other day the owner got drunk and didn't even remember posting. Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband Fault Checker

Ben it has been know to get quite wild over at PlusNetters Wink

Just the other day the owner got drunk and didn't even remember posting. Smiley

Shockedops:
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

We have identified that BT are currently investigating a fault on your telephone line

BT will not investigate broadband service problems until any outstanding line faults have been closed. Please contact BT for more information regarding the progress of your reported line fault. Once your line fault has been cleared you should retest your connection and restart these checks if appropriate.

How would I get in contact with BT to find out what is going on with my line as plusnet do not either have a clue or care.
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

If there is a voice fault on your line then ring 150. Plus Net cant do anything about that one because its down to BT retail.
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

:shock: - No the voice part works perfectly - It's the adsl part thats not working erm, quite right.
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

Yip, but according to the ticket details posted BT are investigating a voice fault. Whether you raised it or not, someone did. BTW wont progress the ADSL fault while that issue is open.

The only people who can clarify is BT Retail and they'll only talk to you.

Viscious circle I know, but then its BT were talking about.

Good luck.
N/A

Broadband Fault Checker

Right, cheers Mark, will get onto them now - Cheesy