cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked email

amcbride
Grafter

Blocked email

All of a sudden getting messages from bulk email filters informing me that a message that I have sent has been blocked. The message seems to use email address after @xxx.plus.com with the name before the @ being many different combinations. Is there a spam attack or something going on with plus net addresses or are they just out to get me. Had a couple of hundred in the last few hours.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Blocked email

Hi,

I've had a few of these as well, all of it is spam. Someone's using your address (and other's) as the senders address and it's getting bounced back by the recipient and goes to us rather than the spammer.

You may want to think about blackholing the catch-all email address (you can do this by raising a ticket) and setting up mailboxes and redirects for any addresses that you use totry and block it.
waldron
Grafter

Blocked email

Would it not be a much cleaner solution to wait for the imminent new email facilities and use the 'alias' feature?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Blocked email

You probably have a point there, the new alias tool should make things a lot easier to manage. Where someone is getting mailbombed though, no reason not to do it the old way, but if it's "manageable" then probably best to wait.