cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bleary eyed....Is it just Me

N/A

Am I the only person who sits up until 11.30ish to start downloading, night after night and much to the anger of my lady? Weekends see me missing a lie in to throttle downloads all to stay within what I think is my 'fair? Sustainable usage allowance.

Starting to think I'm turning weird but would feel happier if other folk had the same routine.

Old Redeyes
6 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

It's quite possible that it is only you!!!! Cheesy There are loads of ways that you can schedule your downloads to certain times, so you don't need to be sat at your computer to get it started.

Phil
serenityvalley
Grafter

I do it too - along with getting up at 6:00AM to switch download source for fills and check the connection hasn't died. Mind you, I've woken up to less cat "accidents" since getting into this routine.

Scheduling can't check for new binary headers and select what I wish to download.
N/A

Yeah i also wait up until just before off peak time starts to start my downloads and I get up earlier thatn I normally would to stop them before peak time, how would said download scheduling work? Cheesy
N/A

If you've got Windows XP, go in to Control Panel and select Schedule Tasks.
Then add a scheduled task.You thern have the option of selecting the program you want and when you want it to start, whether every day etc etc.
I start my downloads at two minutes past midnight Cheesy
N/A

Some routers will allow you to configure certain services as only being available during certain hours - when I've needed a large bittorrent I've set it to Midnight to 8 am only... leave the client running all day and when it can it downloads... when time is up it doesn't
N/A

I'll give it a go, thanks for the help Smiley