Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank emails

pcorker
Grafter

Blank emails

Hi!
Anyone know?:
I am getting some emails that have all fields blank.
Are these just artifacts or are they mangled emails that I will never be able to read?
5 REPLIES
kosh2
Grafter

Blank emails

I had two blank emails last week. One was from Plusnet and one from yahoo. Afraid I deleted them and did not follow them up. I think there was some issue around that tim ewith slow emails so I put it down to that.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Blank emails

Hi,

Is there anything to indicate that they may be legitimate emails that have been corrupted or just random spam? I get the odd blank mail now which is just random spam. Might be useful to post the headers (assuming there are any) to try and work out what it is.
pcorker
Grafter

Blank emails

Here is the latest header for a blank (I deleted the others):
Envelope-to: hcorkerz @ pcorker.plus.com
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 06:28:54 +0100
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1])
by pih-mxcore11.plus.net with esmtp (PlusNet MXCore v2.00) id 1GKTUU-0000dr-7c
for hcorkerz @ pcorker.plus.com; Tue, 05 Sep 2006 06:28:54 +0100
X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 7.1.405 [268.11.7/437]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain

...I don't understand much of it! (spaces added around the @ by me in an attempt at security)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Blank emails

It looks like the spam mails I've been getting so would suspect it's spam rather than a real email. I'll keep a look out though to see if anyone else reports it, if you get one that's definately a real email let me know and we can ensure this is raised.
fallingwaters
Grafter

Blank emails

During last weeks email problems, a lot blank email were generated by the Plusnet system, these were good emails that had been queued in the Plusnet system for delivery to users.

This looks like the same problem. All the blank emails I received last week were from LocalHost 127.0.0.1.

I can verify that this fact is correct as I no longer use Plusnet to hold my domains, and only have all my emails forwarded to Plusnet as a failsafe measure. This allowed me to analyse the blank emails as the missing ones from Plusnet.

I hope this helps, Bill