cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted

vic_newey
Grafter

Blacklisted

Trying to send an important message to someone in the USA & getting this message

m*****1@comcast.net
SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<mail@vicnewey.plus.com> SIZE=4059:
host gateway-s.comcast.net [63.240.76.26]: 550-212.159.14.133 blocked by ldapShockedu=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net
550 Blocked for abuse. Please send blacklist removal requests to blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com - Be sure to include your mail server IP ADDRESS.

Does this mean Plusnet is blacklisted or just me ?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Blacklisted

Think this may be an issue of bad sDns records. Read this somewhere, can't remember where. Seems a lot of people were getting their emails knocked back as spam or unsafe. Could any other member enlighten?
N/A

Blacklisted

Found some more info on this thread:-

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45588
N/A

Blacklisted

A PlusNet mailserver has been blacklisted for over a year.. for almost all of the time I've been with PlusNet in fact.
It used to be that only some Greek ISPs were blocking it, but recently Comcast did the same. I don't know how many others are now blocking PlusNet mail.
I reported it at least 6 months ago.

See http://dsbl.org/listing?212.159.14.131.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Blacklisted

Hi,

Most ISP's will have mailservers listed in multihop lists, it's almost inevitable given the volume of mail that passes through them. The problem is no-one should ever use these lists to block email as they aren't that accurate. All they should really be used for is part of a scoring system for blocking spam.

It might be that Comcast are using a scoring system and your mails may score points, I've seen this before where subject lines have been like known spam or where certain attachments are sent.

If not then I'd suggest contacting the person whose mail account is with Comcast to find out why they are using a multihop list for blacklisting.
N/A

Blacklisted

Until recenlly only Otenet (Greece) was using this system to block mail as far as I know.
But now, I was asked by somebody with a Greek ISP to forward a personal message to a relative who has Comcast, because Comcast is blocking Forthnet.gr. The result was, my mail was blocked too by Comcast, for the same reason.
No attachments, plain text, and careful to avoid any wording that could trigger spam filters.
The Greek ISP certainly appears to be relying only on the DBHL given. It appears that Comcast may now be doing the same.
vic_newey
Grafter

Blacklisted

Hi,

If not then I'd suggest contacting the person whose mail account is with Comcast to find out why they are using a multihop list for blacklisting.

I only have e.mail details as contact, I guess I need to send a message via another ISP & see if it goes thru
N/A

Blacklisted

Catch 22. You can't mail the person because you have your mail blocked.
With one of my contacts I have to forward it to another person and ask for it to bew forwarded.

I do still have a paid-for dial-up AOL account and a low-cost BT mail account. I don't use them because I can't use my domain address, and AOL blocks the mail list server I'm in charge of. But that could be a way round the problem for me.
For anyone else, Yahoo, Hotmail, Google?