cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black lists

N/A

Black lists

Please can someone explain to me why some of my mail does not get through to the recipient. I am told it is because PlusNet has been blacklisted by some servers. How can this problem be solved?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Black lists

You could try finding another open smtp server, or creating your own.

Other than that, wait for Plusnet to be unblacklisted. It seems to happen quite often so I'd go with creating your own server.
N/A

Black lists

I personally am really feeling glad I use gmail for all my email and have done for a long time, Im willing to offer invites to anyone who is wanting a new mail service if you want one send me a PM on the forum with the e-mail address you would like the invite sent to.
N/A

Black lists

Thank you for these suggestions. I might take you up on that offer mttjocy if Plusnet are unable to sort this in a day or two. I like life to be easy if possible.
GersFans
Grafter

Black lists

I wouldn't use gmail if it was the only option open to me...seriously.
N/A

Black lists

Based on whatHuh??.....You would rather have PN fiasco mail would you? :shock:
I have a 6 year old Hotmail account and a Gmail account...both of which have NEVER failed me. To my knowledge i have always recieved everything that was sent, have always been able to access my mail and get at so little spam you can count it on one hand each month.
N/A

Black lists

Based on whatHuh??.....

Google spies on your emails, lolz

:lol:
N/A

Black lists

Google spies on your emails, lolz

A friend of mine sent his missus a message to get some cheese on her way home from work. Next thing you know he has an e-mail for a google sponsored website ... A Cheese company based in Bulgaria!!!

Just food for thought!
pacem
Grafter

Black lists

Well I'm hijacking the thread but email black list have been done to death, and this follows on the why not google.

If you use google to search and email then google knows who you are, and who your friends are. They can group your friends by profiling what they search for with who they email, and with google syndication they know every syndicated site you visit.

They provide their service to do one thing; make money. So why wouldn't they sell all this perfect information to paying customers. MS may be hated, but they don't have the know-how to profile people on hotmail.

Paul.<><
N/A

Black lists

To be fair you will actually find that the keyword scanning is done by an automated system on the same server which stores your mailbox, the mail is not read by any person, and keyword data only exists in memory for as long as it takes to generate the web page, sounds to me like someone is a bit paranoid Shocked

As for microsoft not being able to profile you are joking right?, this would be the same microsoft that only a few months ago realised yet another update for windows (Windows Genuine Advantage Tool) which made a daily encrypted phone home to microsoft until someone noticed and Microsoft released another update claiming that the origional one only did the daily phone home for "Testing" still not revealing the precice nature of the data collected. And this makes you trust microsoft why?
pacem
Grafter

Black lists

I don't trust MS at all; I've seen the amount of spam that arrive to a hotmail account that has only been opened a day and not published anywhere.

I should have said MS don't have the ability to profile in the same way as google.

Google keep every email sent or received ever, even if you delete it. With such data, it is trivial to do a simple querey and work out exactly who your circle of friends are and what they do.

So am i paranoid? Personally I don't care too much what google knows about me but on principle I am anti profiling. Profiling is what makes someone speaking arabic on a plane a terrorist. Profiling is what makes a black person in inner london a thief. As generalisations become more accurate it becomes hard to show that for a specific case the generalisation or profile is wrong.

And.... if google are prepared to modify searches for China how do we know they're not prepared to allow other goverment agencies access to such queries in their data? (After all the results from such a query aren't giving away all the data, just the information the agency thinks it needs.)

Google is on the whole a good thing, but like MS when it is corruptable, and the only things, it becomes a bad thing.

Paul.<><
N/A

Black lists