cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Suits Out... CGI is no more

N/A

was waiting for my refund on my contact us, which DT has just done. so i presume when i log out of forum my account will be closed and i a gonner
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Our freind the old CGI server will be turned off tommorow as such certain (slightly mad) members of this forum will be holding a funeral service once we get confirmation of the timing of the switch off. I guess this means we need a list of songs?

More seriously this is your final final warning people, get your stuff off of there or lose it.

Edited Title.
Community Veteran

I have already prepared my dark suit for tomorrow, in place of my normal plaid.

Chilly
Community Veteran

She's a gone forever now we only have ccgi Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Sorry if anyone thinks that's excessive but I'm feeling rather emotional, I learnt a lot on that server Cry
Pathfinder
Grafter

Everyone thinks I have a stutter when I give them the new cgi address! Shockedops:
Community Veteran

This is a very big mistake by PN this time. PUG have been trying to get PN to change their decision over the past week and keep it running until the ccgi reached some resemblence to a working system.

Alas no amount of information we passed about the state of the system made a blind bit of difference, they killed it anyway. I must also add it was a decision made higher up the tree as some of the comms team also tried to get the decision changed but it made no difference.

This is one situation where it is clear PN had their heads in the sand and refused to listen to customers. The system has never been right ever since PUG were given access to beta test it. There were many oustanding problems which never got fixed and too many unanswered qwerks and inconsistancies like the file permissions and CGI wrap errors.

PN had an opportunity to actally do something for their customer by delaying the switch off. Clearly we mean very little to them.
N/A

Clearly we mean very little to them.

understatement of the year
Community Veteran

Honestly I change the title and everyone comes flocking.

Peter, I agree wholeheartedly. Soundsystem what you still doing her, not that you're not welcome ;-)
N/A

Cry
Community Veteran

Simple answer to that - don't log out. Or when you do head straight over to plusnetters.
N/A

PN had an opportunity to actally do something for their customer by delaying the switch off. Clearly we mean very little to them.

I am not in any way affected by this, as i do not use the cgi option in my account. But this is not good.

To have totally ingored the advice of the very people who have put so much time and effort into the cgi servers and the project as a whole, does not bode well for the future.

Once again the upper echelons of Plus net show their true colours and just after Stew had restored a bit of my faith.

Sad
Community Veteran

I know why plus deactivated it now they were over the SEUP, and the electric co is going to restrict the service.

Mark, Cheer up and Chin up, I know it's depressing around here at the moment and management are being idiots (for want of a better word) think about it this way - we could take the easy option and change ISP's now finding out f2s have a forum has definately given me food for thought, but plusnet provide a service that suits me so long as that stays constant I'll be staying for a while yet.

The users on here have a rather unique sense of humour and although some of the perpertraitors (sorry it's a long word and right now I don't want to fire up another app the HDD is so noisy on this machine) have left it still remains.

As I said cheer up chin up and let's get a list of farewell songs cracking for soundsystem and cgi.
N/A

I wouldnt say depressing, more annoying.

I had hopes, that with the arrival of Stew, the PUG would at least start to make ground and be able to re-engage with PN in the manner which they once did so successfuly.

But what b***dy chance have they and the comms team got when you meet brick walls.

Thats what worries me, tbh. If a rational and sensible proposal gets rubbished just like that, it sends out a certain type of signal. That's what concerns and annoys me.

The people making these proposals have a fair degree of knowledge and understanding. Heck, Plus Net chose them for their knowledge, sense and experience. A point blank refusal to listen to them leaves a fear of what or who do they listen to.

I wonder sometimes.
Metalguru
Grafter

Now here we have Mark, an honest and loyal supporter of +net .................. saying wat lot of us have been saying for some time now.

It ain't the +net chaps on the front line that are making these ludicrous decisions. But those further up the food chain.

It's DT BB & SN that have to try and sell the cr4p that comes down from above. And cover up as best they can for the inconsistant way the business strategy is being conducted.

I hold no grudge against the C/S team. If they don't tow the party line ................. who knows wat would happen to them.

Thanks Mark .................... Now I know I'm not mad.

Just a shame about Wade and Simon.
csogilvie
Grafter

I had hopes, that with the arrival of Stew, the PUG would at least start to make ground and be able to re-engage with PN in the manner which they once did so successfuly.

Unfortunately, not even Mr Norris could prevent it getting turned off Sad