cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bl**dy stupid website

N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

I want to upgrade from my current 512 home ADSL to the 2mb Premier. In trying to follow the obvious path through the portal to do this I just end up going round in circles. Choose the package click proceed, no that's not what we want, I'm an existing customer. Go back, choose package click the "already an existing customer" or whatever the text is, and I'm back to square one.

This is 2004, the fact I'm using a Mac should not be an issue. This happens in Safari, Camino and IE. And yes I have cleared the cache in all of them.

The Plus Net web site has never been a model of simplicity, try showing potential new customers what they can get and for how much. Confusing it is. But if your developers can't produce a cross platform cross browser compliant web site in 2004 sack 'em.

Now, please, where do I go from here Mr. Plus Net, I'm looking to throw some more money at you. Please do not tell me I can only use Windows to do this.
57 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Bl**dy stupid website

Its a contact us ticket to upgrade. You can get to it directly via the ticket system and via the normal signup route for the 2mbit package and then choosing Existing customer upgrade, but not the Upgrade on the initial packages pages or as you found the merry go round.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

No matter what I choose I just go round in circles, may I suggest a notice on the site informing Mac users that this system does not work for them and they must "raise a ticket".
Consider this a ticket raised to suggest PlusNet drag their web portal kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
Community Veteran

Bl**dy stupid website

its not just mac its everyone, the link for upgrading on the initial page sends you back to the main accounts selection page.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

In that case it's even worse than I suspected. At least I know I'm not being singled out for not slavishly following the crowd.
Thanks for your responses.
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

No I promise you are not being singled out :-) , if you are struggling then the best thing to do is raise a ticket asking us to upgrade and then click the link that says my account cannot be upgraded via the portal, this will then let you type in what you want.
Community Veteran

Bl**dy stupid website

I think the main point of this thread is that the portal is difficult to use to actually locate any information, this is something I've also raised recently.

I spent over an hour earlier this week looking for certain info I wanted to help me decide if I should upgrade to 2meg or not, I couldnt find the info so I got bored and went off the idea for now.

Chris
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

This is something that has been raised and is being addressed I was hopefully just trying to offer a solution for this issue, well a workaround I guess. Your comments are taken on board and raised as it is after all you guys who use the portal.
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

Thank you Stewart I have raised a ticket as suggested to order the upgrade. I hope it works. There must be a lot of PlusNet subscribers out there getting very frustrated by this. I wonder how many will jump ship as a result?
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

Good stuff we will get you sorted out and hopefully happy again Smiley well if it is any then that is too many so it is something we are working on
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

I was a bit surprised to get an email, apparently from you?, advising me of the £24.99 upgrade fee. There's nothing about that on the website, is there?
Anyhow I have actioned an agreement via the ticket system, although it doesn't show up on the portal.
Thanks again for your attention, and I will add to this thread that I have been a happy PlusNet subscriber since whenever it says over there
<--------------
The service and customer support has always been first class. Thanks.

Now if only you could sort out the website.........
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

As we speak now I am mentioning it to the people who can do :-) thanks for your continued support and let us know if we can help with anything else
Community Veteran

Bl**dy stupid website

@theputer yep regrade fee's are covered in the help faq, but the actual fee has been unclear recently if you are on a monthly contract and want to stay that way if you have completed the 12 months contract already.

I've got a ticket off to sales to get the correct price from the horses mouth, as I've been told its £24.99 and again £14.99 recently. As its changed once again on the portal
Dizzley
Grafter

Bl**dy stupid website

Yeah, I requested an upgrade from 500 to 1000 and got the email saying it's £24.99 yet the FAQ says £14.99.

Which figure is correct please? My account details show I have PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 1/2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem)

Upgrade FAQ:
An upgrade to increase your speed costs £14.99 inc VAT, unless you move from an annual to monthly contract, in which case the cost is £24.99 inc VAT.

Still the service is always marvellous in the end. Look forward to the 1M line guys Smiley

/Pete
N/A

Bl**dy stupid website

Er, hold on. If you move from annual to monthly it's £24.99, otherwise the upgrade fee is £14.99?
I've always been on Monthly account. So, is it £14.99 or £24.99?

This is the response I got to the ticket.
"There is a one off account upgrade fee of 14.99 for an annual contract and 24.99 for a monthly contract please let us know how you wish to continue.

Regards,

Stewart Norriss"

I responded that I accepted £24.99. Confused? Yes I am.