cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bittorrent problems

N/A

Bittorrent problems

Since my recent 2mb upgrade I have been facing extremely slow bittorrent speeds. They used to go at about 110kb/s max on my 1mb line but now they are struggling at about 50kbs max. Plus net what is happeningHuh
23 REPLIES
N/A

Bittorrent problems

premier or plus. always explain more before expecting a detailed reply
N/A

Bittorrent problems

Fair enough,

2mb Premier account.

Lots of seeds and have tried many different torrents. It seems others are having the same problem since they upgraded their accounts.
N/A

Bittorrent problems

try torrent test i get up to 230kB in 2 minutes.
N/A

same here

Im on 2mb Prem account also and have just tried the test torrent. I left it going for about 5mins and the top speed is 88kbps,no that is a load of rubbish...
N/A

Bittorrent problems

Bit Torrent network is dependant on a number of things, first whether you allow incoming connections or have the correct port forwarded.

Secondly that you limit your upload speed, so you don't max out your connection into one direction.

Finally an unknown firm (at this time) has been targeting a small number of torrents and hogging the majority of the bandwidth.
suec45
Grafter

Bittorrent problems

Only 80k On the test torrent for me.

2mb Premier here. Sad
N/A

Bittorrent problems

If it's just with torrents and not on speed tests or when downloading from good servers, then id say it's either your torrent program settings or something else like ports/firewalls etc, that is if the torrents your trying have a lot more seeds than peers.
Alecto
Grafter

Bittorrent problems

The test torrent's just done 230k for me at 10 a.m. Sunday, so if you're on premier and getting a poor speed on it, it's your setup.

this guide might help, though the test torrent on that particular page is no good now.
N/A

Bittorrent problems

That unknown firm wouldn't be either the RIPAA or MIPAA - or someone working on their behalf would it Wink
Alecto
Grafter

Bittorrent problems

This mysterious reference to an unknown firm has left me cold.
Could somebody please explain what it's about?
N/A

Bittorrent problems

Geoff, all that is happening is a company or other party are effectively causing a Denial of service against certain files - by attaching a number of clients to a given seed using up the seed's resources they can prevent access (or atleast reasonable access) to that file...
Alecto
Grafter

Bittorrent problems

Thanks, I see.

But the Remote and Isolated Pharmacists Association of Australia? Tongue
N/A

Bittorrent problems

Recording Industry - the music version of the Motion picture group
N/A

Bittorrent problems

That may be happening at some time. It isn't however answering my question becuase up until I got the upgrade the torrents were all working very well!