cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bittorrent / connection problem

N/A

Hi, I've got quite a strange problem in that my bittorent works great for about 2 mins, downloads at 230kb/s then the speed drops away to 0 kb/s. I've tried messing around with dropping the firewall and stuff like that but it doesnt really make a difference. Any ideas?

Steve
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What account are you on? and how much bandwidth have you used so far this month?
You should be able to find your usage by going to "Connection settings" and then View my usage"
N/A

Sorry, I'm on 2mb Premier. I don't think the usage limits apply to me.

Steve
N/A

They do apply to you...

Its 30GB between 8am and midnight IRRC and 100GB overall during the month (including the 30GB).
Community Veteran

OK I just wanted to make sure that you weren't being affected by your account being managed if you were on BB plus and had gone over the 5GB peak allowance. Wink

All I can suggest now is that you raise this as a problem with customer support using a Link:Contact us ticket and see if they know of any reason why this is happening

Oh, welcome to the forums by the way Smiley
Community Veteran

Its 30GB between 8am and midnight IRRC and 100GB overall during the month (including the 30GB).

Nope.

30GB SUP peak is 4pm to midnight, 100GB overall

P2P/Usenet/FTP traffic allowance is 20GB peak (8am -> midnight) after which speed limits are applied during the peak time.