cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitcomet/bittorrent disconnection problems

snowman070

Whenever I fire up Bitcomet, my adsl connection starts timing out intermittently. Even web browsing in IE fails and things only return to normal after shutting down Bitcomet.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Does anyone know what is going on?
5 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

I have had a look round the internet and it seems you are not alone.

http://www.mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=16677

No-one seems to know a fix for this though. there are loads of hits if you google the problem, so maybe one of them will have the answer.

Good luck Wink
Zathras
Grafter

Maybe trying other torrent programs would be quicker? Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

A lot of trackers have banned Bitcomet for various reasons and you're probably better off using something else like uTorrent or Azureus.
craiglay
Grafter

I would guess that if you're not having physical connection problems (loss of sync, etc) then check to see if you are limiting upstream bandwidth in Bitcomet. If its set to unlimited, you could very easily be saturating your upstream connection and you will get problems you describe.

Try 30KB/s if your on MaxDSL or 15KB/s if on fixed speed line. You may have to limit you upstream further if you still experience problems. Its best not to use Auto as +Nets traffic management seems to fool it into thinking your on a faster connection than you are.

Craig
soulAdequate
Dabbler

Also try limiting the total number of your connections - sometimes if it connects to too many peers/seeds it may overload the modem/router