Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitTorrent Downloads..

N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

Hi,
Im new here ^_^ First i'll say HALO!
Here is my Question, its proly here some where on the forum, but im just too lazy to look Tongue

I dont Download that much compared to other BitTorrent users. I try and Limet my self to DL when I sleep and stuff. 1-2 Movies a week I download. Any way,
Im starting to see that my speeds arnt that great Sad I first thought that it might be becasue Health of the DL was bad, but no. It was full green bar. Also thought it might be becasue of seeders and such, but nope Tongue

My - Max - Download speed on BitTorrent has been 25-28kb/s ... You can Imagen how long it takes if the File was 4.3gig, like the one im downloading now .... I just want to ask, is this normal? My contract is the £14.99 a month 2mb line. Also, on this service, do you block PSP? I couldent find anything about it on you'r site. If it is, any way of me up gradeing ? Not Up Gradeing to the premium .. Wish I could, but my Exchange cant do that.

Good side Tongue My gameing on WoW is nice and smooth ^_^

Sion. ( New Customer )
17 REPLIES
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

I cant help you on your other question but plusnet speed throttle the BB+ service, so that is most likely why your downloads are slow.
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

suggest with respect become unlazy and do have a look at he forum. Many posts on this issue by misled users
I had same problem but with downloads of less then 10 kbs
You are probaly aware now that BB+ is totally useless for p2p although you have probaly been led to believe different
The only way around it is to uprade to BB Premier
Even then when i inquired they said with Premier, dl's that take an hour would take 1 hour + 5 mins well that hasn't rung true either, still havent been over 100kbs and then very inconsistant

Not quite sure i understand why you cant upgrade to premier because of your exchange. + is 2mb and so is premier the difference is in the contention p2p freedom cgi and a few other things
BB+ is excellent deal but only if you have no interest in p2p whatsoever
Lets face it you pay the same at aol for dial up and take 30 mins to get connected
Community Veteran

Re: BitTorrent Downloads..

1-2 Movies a week I download.

So you come onto a forum, not only a public one, but one managed by your ISP, and ask how anyone can help you increase the speed of your illegal downloads. :roll:

Seriously...

Can anyone spot where PN can save 4.5 or 9 GB a week in bandwidth?
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

There are some movies that can be downloaded legally. Don't make assumptions.
Community Veteran

BitTorrent Downloads..

Via Bittorrent? Hmmm. I think I've assumed right - unless of course the OP wants to list the names of a few of the legal movies he has downloaded.
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

I will have to stand corrected and I am sure someone will, but I was under the impression that it was the uploading of movies or music that is illegal
Community Veteran

BitTorrent Downloads..

Bittorrent relies upon uploading in order to download.

You cannot download on BT efficiently without uploading even the slightest bit.

Uploading/sharing is more severe, but downloading is also illegal, its theft.
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

Thanx for clearing that point up for me.

I think the point is still about download speeds regardlesss if you download from what you label "illegal or legal" means
Community Veteran

BitTorrent Downloads..

Yes that is true, but had the OP not started by saying he is a film downloader, more people may have helped - however there are plenty of other threads about speed appearing, so I am sure the answers will have been gleaned from there.

There certainly does seem to be an increase in the number of threads starting discussing the speed,or lack thereof of various applications - seems that something may be afoot..
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

Although he did start of hallo i download movies. It should not be presumed that anyone who downloads films is at it 24/7 multiple DL's etc. and selling his illgotten at the local sunday market
We can acknowledge that those types using up all the resources are ruining it for everyone. not the odd movie here and there (although 4.3 gb for 1 movie?)
You can Imagen how long it takes if the File was 4.3gig, like the one im downloading
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

He should have waited for the Divx relese... :roll:
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

Exactly
Community Veteran

BitTorrent Downloads..

4.3gb will be a true dvd - i.e the same 5.1 sound and dvd quality you could get off the shelf.

Whatever he is downloading, its big and it would appear to be going slower than it should. The reasons behind the slowdown are the subject of many threads - and now it would seem this one.

We have had a big announcement which identifies the shaping taking place, and to what extent it should be expected. However I would assume I am not the only person that in now hearing alarm bells.
N/A

BitTorrent Downloads..

Whatever he is downloading, its big and it would appear to be going slower than it should. The reasons behind the slowdown are the subject of many threads - and now it would seem this one.

Right, now this is where i may have to be corrected again
Download speeds are as you say a big point at the moment and very inconsistent (I clocked less than 10kbs on a recent MS update). Is this because of + net as an ISP, or because of the gigantic downloads from people taking more than there fair share.
Because if it is the later than surely those types should be on a business account and secondly ,I can see my monthly usage so surely +net can detect the massive downloaders.
In which case a monthly limit is then not unreasonable to protect everyone else who pays the rent.