cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit of a catch

N/A

Bit of a catch

I'm going to cancel my product, but i need to wait to the 1/08 to recieve the minimum cancellation fee of 47. But if i cancel then i will still have another months invoice during the 30 day notice cancelation period. Where if i cancel now i will pay 57 quid activation fee, yet in the end they will still receive the full 12 months pay due to the 30 day cancellation period. Even more worryingly i think the cancellation period doesnt start until from the next invoice, so could possibly get hit with another two months invoices.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Bit of a catch

Hmm,

What you could do is pre-warn PN about your cancellation. Basically request to ycancel your account in advance.
So say for instance you open a ticket now, instead of simply saying I would like to cancel my account you could put...I would like to officially like to cancel my account on the 25th of (insert month here), I am allowing 30 days notice from this date and inclusive of, I would appreciate it if you could please issue me with my MAC on said date.

Basically the 30 days then would start from that date ( which incidentally goes over your 12 months by 1 day ) and would leave the 30 dyas to finish on the 24th of the following month ( if your chosen cancellation month has only 30 days in it ).

I hope this helps and I hope it works, I would welcome James' or Mands' or even Jon's input on this if it isnt as straight forward.

Regards,
N/A

Bit of a catch

Yes it is a bit of a catch, but you gotta give credit to the Plusnet person who thought it up.
Totally designed to make sure that when you want to leave you are squeezed for that little bit more cash before you go.
All this trumpeting of the "you stay we pay" blurb is basically a smokescreen for the actual terms of cancellation.
They know that when people sign up that we cannot be bothered to read through and digest all the T&C's, so they splash the "Free Activation" advert very prominently and hide the actual terms relating to it in the small print.
We shouldn't be surprised by this as it is common business practice in almost ( if not all ) retail sectors.
It does, however, give you some idea of what, we - the Plusnet customer, mean to them - the business.
We are simply a way of revenue generation and the more they can get for the least amount of service is the aim.
I have had ocassion to raise a ticket twice in the past year and on both ocassions the response from Plusnet was that I would have to give them extra cash to have the ticket successfully concluded to my satisfaction. Clear and simple - gives us money, we fix your problem. Don't give us money, we don't fix your problem.
I am now leaving, having given Plusnet more money than I think I ought to, and now feel a bit guilty as I have recommended this shower to others in the past and now they will also feel the clutching claw of Plusnet's hand around their wallets.

" the grabbing hand, grabs all it can, all for themselves after all "
Depeche Mode - Everything Counts ( sums em up nicely I think.)
N/A

Bit of a catch

The worst thing is trying to explain why i need more money of my student roomies.