cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing question from new customer

N/A

Thanks for the reply Chris. It does look to me like I will more than likely have to let them charge me twice and then claim a refund on my first months fee.

As for calling PN, I didn't realise that I could call them, I thought any/all problems were to be addressed by their ticket system.

I'm sure though, that once I'm activated I don't expect any problems as I have heard nothing but good comments regarding PN and their customer service.

Looking forward to activation date.

Cheers,
Kevin.
5 REPLIES
N/A

I suppose this is more aimed at Josh than anyone, but any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

I have just signed up to Plusnet (on the 15th) and I wonder if someone could let me know if the following billing sounds right or if I am maybe mis-reading what has/is going to happen.

Signed up on 15th, went for the 2Mb premier account (£39.99) and also went for the £7.50/month line activation/USB ADSL modem package too, meaning my monthly charge will be £47.49

I went for the "Pay initial cost by Switch, then monthly by Direct Debit" option.

There was a £9.99 delivery charge for the modem, so I expected Plusnet to take £9.99 from my Switch and then take the first monthly payment of £47.49 by Direct Debit once my line had been activated.

However, they took £57.48 from my Switch (£47.49 monthly fee + £9.99 modem delivery charge). They then sent me an e-mail to confirm the set up of my Direct Debit and that the first monthly fee of £47.49 woould be taken once the line is activated ??

Surely they have taken this already ?

I raised a ticket regarding this and got a reply today which simply said

"once you new account is activated we will be taking the first monthly subscription, which is £39.99 + £7.50

I can assure you this will not be taken until your line is activated"

Either they have missed my point that I have paid that already (even though my line is not activated yet) or I have mis-understood and that I have to make a second payment once my line is activated.

Anyway, any thoughts on what has happened would be much appreciated. It would be so much easier to be able to speak to a billing person on the phone rather than through the ticket system. I'm sure if I did that it would be resolved straight away.

Many thanks,
Kevin.
N/A

it looks like a billing error, as far as I know, you pay the month in advance, thus the card payment should cover the first month, the direct debit then should be taken towards end of the first month for the second month.

I have had a look at my transaction history, although a while ago now, so a bit sketchy, I think this happened to me as well, as I can see a refund for the first month subscription, and I vaguely remember contacting PN regarding this.

but it hasn't happened to the people I know also on PN, so it could just be a glitch or an billing typo, causing it to be taken twice.

but rest assured, once that was sorted, no problems what so ever.... well.... other than the occasional bad account handling, with me forgetting about the payment, and it failing Smiley

it'll probably be best to call PN and speak to someone, as you can make sure that they have understood fully what you have told them.
N/A

on the bottom of the website pages, there is a number that you can call them on 24/7, although, best to call during normal work hours to speak to billing/accounts Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

With the make it easy option that you've chosen instead of taking an activation fee up front we take the first month's subscription payment and the postage and packing charge by card.
This payment covers you from the date of activation through the first month.
Your second payment isn't taken until a month after your account's been activated and is taken via direct debit.
Rest assured you won't be billed twice for your first month.
N/A

Dave,

Thanks for that info, that's exactly what I needed to know. I thought that should be the case, but the e-mail was kind of mis-leadling.

Anyway, that clears it up and I shall go and close my ticket.

Cheers,
Kevin.