cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing ineptitude

N/A

Billing ineptitude

Ticket #21662384 refers.

Fed up with usenet and p2p speeds I requested a MAC last week, was offered a free month to stay, and accepted it pending the new product announcements. I was told a free month had been credited to my service.

After a day's reflection I decided I wanted to go regardless of any new products and requested the MAC anew. OK said PN but we'll have to take our free month back. Assuming that the free month had be credited on my payment date (which I wasn't sure of) I said fine, and PN took a manual month's payment from me on 4th April and issued my MAC.

Today I receive notification that my usual monthly payment will be taken on April 11th (so that what my payment date is!).

So I've been billed a manual payment for absolutely no reason, and will be paying for April-May twice. Sad
8 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Billing ineptitude

A free month isn't applied as a credit to your account, it's a refund that we process against a previous invoice. So, you will have had an invoice refunded to you, and then debited again. This is so your billing is not interrupted.

Billing therefore continues as normal, so the billing due on 11th April is correct as per the 30 day notice period. When you mirate out, you can apply for a refund for subscription fees that you have paid that cover past the 30th day.
James
Grafter

Billing ineptitude

You were refunded March's invoice, not April's.
N/A

Billing ineptitude

Ah - it would appear the ineptitude is mine. I see there is a credit and a debit to/from my account recently, net result zero. Please accept my apologies.

My billing date is the 11th as I said. This is also the date on which I am due to migrate according to my new provider. I take it this must be paid to satisfy the notice period? Don't have a problem with that as such, just asking.

Sorry again for my confusion, I'll close that ticket.
James
Grafter

Billing ineptitude

You're contractually obliged to pay upto 30 days after your cancellation request. We can issue a pro rata refund for any charges you incur outside of this timeframe.
N/A

Billing ineptitude

Um, I may be confused but I'm also honest, so you might want to check the action your CS person has just taken against that ticket....
James
Grafter

Billing ineptitude

No worries. He's one of mine anyway (and is sitting next to me) so I'll have a word.
Liam
Grafter

Billing ineptitude

Many thanks for that.

In addition, though, is there any particular reason for your wishing to leave? Have you considered moving onto one of our PAYG products? Are you aware of our upcoming Product Refresh next week?
N/A

Billing ineptitude

In addition, though, is there any particular reason for your wishing to leave?

Mainly lousy speeds on Usenet & p2p, also peak loads are such that browsing Youtube and the like is very hit-and-miss (i.e. video won't stream properly). The new capacity doesn't appear to have changed this at all.

Have you considered moving onto one of our PAYG products?
I want to use my connection more than I do. Your traffic restrictions are preventing me from doing this in a manner that is convenient to me. Maybe if PAYG is the product of choice for the heavier downloader (due to different traffic priorities) there is a problem in the branding, as Premier implies the best service, or it certainly did when I signed up. Too late for me now anyway.

Are you aware of our upcoming Product Refresh next week?
Yes I am - that's why I initially agreed to stick around using the free month. I rather doubt that it is going to solve my issues though, not without paying more anyway. If it turns out I was wrong, and we see an end to 'appalling usenet/p2p speed' posts, on my head be it. Meantime I'll be paying a little bit more for more allowance, no restrictions at all, and what appears to be a very satified customer base. I'll be sacrificing a lot of the good bits of my PN service too, but I've decided it's worth a go.

Overall I haven't had too bad a time with PN, and your service has some great features: my new provider won't be around to talk to me like this on Good Friday for instance; and the member's portal is excellent. But when I started getting max Usenet speeds of <1 Mbps at 4-5am (I used to get close to 5Mbps off-peak) I knew enough was enough.

As of next Tuesday I'm gone.