cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Information

N/A

Billing Information

How do you find out exactly what you are paying for on the Plus Net site? It's not very clear. :?

I appear to be paying £22.99 per month, less referrals, which is higher than the £21.99 every body else seems to be paying.

Clicking on one of the invoice numbers just gives me an overall figure - I want to find out where this extra squid is coming from... and I can't see where. Must go and find my glasses... :shock:

TIA :lol:
27 REPLIES
N/A

Billing Information

most likely a hosted domain
N/A

Billing Information

Where can I find that out?

I host 2, but I believe I get 3 free on Premier. Am I wrong in that? Sad
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Billing Information

I think he was meaning a domain name. You can host 3 domains on your account, but a .co.uk domain name is charged at £1 per month.

Phil
N/A

Billing Information

I just last week discovered that I was being charged an extra £1 a month for a domain name - which I didn't want and have never, ever used or requested.

I was told that it was something they left on by default (but apparently didn't bother to tell you about). I asked them to get rid of it and they did, but I've been paying for it for the last two years without knowing.
N/A

Billing Information

Did you find out where I can go to switch this off?

I can't seem to find any page that indicates that this service is active, not a page to switch it off.

I am just wondering whether I have been paying an extra £1 for nothing over the last 16 months or so.. :roll:

Thanks!
LiamM
Grafter

Billing Information

You can host upto 3 domains with PN (now 5) for free, that is if you register them elsewhere and host them (DNS Only) with Plusnet.

If you actually have PN as your domain registrar, then there is the option of paying £1/month for your domain.
N/A

Billing Information

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the response - I am a little unclear or being very thick :? .... what is the difference between PN hosting them and PN being the domain registrar?

I have 2 domains, one of which was the "free" domain which was registered via PN, and I have subsequently renewed. The second I registered and paid full rate through PN.

If I understand what you are saying, I am paying £1pm for this second domain I registered with PN because they are the registrar.

Confused as ever :?
N/A

Billing Information

I believe the 'free'? domain costs £1/month, I had a domain on my account and I was paying £1 extra per month, after 12 months you can move it to another provider for free

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please don't use all of a preceding post as a quote. It serves no purpose.
LiamM
Grafter

Billing Information

You are right. There is no such thing as the free domain registration, never has been. Domain Registration is £1 per month.

As tranceaddict said, you can move it to another registrar after 12 months.

Btw, what was the 'full rate'. Was it around £50?
N/A

Billing Information

I am just wondering whether I have been paying an extra £1 for nothing over the last 16 months or so.. :roll:

Pah. That's nothing.

I paid an extra £1 a month for absolutely nothing for two years!

And does anybody care? (apart from me, I mean)
N/A

Billing Information

Btw, what was the 'full rate'. Was it around £50?

Yes... £45 + VAT.

Thanks all!
N/A

Billing Information

I paid an extra £1 a month for absolutely nothing for two years!

And does anybody care?

In a normal company I'm sure you'd get some customer service person either explaining how this happened, or apologising for it.

But here, no reaction!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Billing Information

When you sign up an account that is entitled to a £1 domain you are given the choice of having a £1 domain or not. If you do not opt out of this then you are charged the extra £1 and given the ability to register a domain under this scheme.
N/A

Billing Information

I certainly don't recall being given the choice, and it seems counterintuitive to have to opt out of something rather than opt in.