cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Errors

N/A

Billing Errors

I've raised a seperate ticket about this but am so peeved by this I'm raising it in the forum. Enough is enough.

Back in May I cancelled my plus talk but ever since then I continue to be charged £2.99. I got a credit (eventually) last month for £2.99 and a promise an engineer would look into it. WHy they need an engineer to look into a billing mistake I don't know!

Anyway again this month my invoice includes £2.00 for plus talk (why am I suprised?) and even more annoying not taken into account the £2.99 credit.

I'm so fed up with PN making mistakes

PN sort this out now - I'm yaking this complaint to the ombusman. It's so simple to correct and yet you can't do that simple thing! Evil
10 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Billing Errors

If this is a problem that's open with our developers, as I susspect that it might be, then it's not going to be a case of clicking a couple of buttons in order to resolve it. I'll have a look at the question on your account, to see if there's anything that I can do, but I fear that its a case of letting the developers resolve it.
N/A

Billing Errors

But this is what I dont get...

I'm being billed for something that has already been cancelled. I should not appear full stop.

My account should not include this charge - I obviously don't know how it looks on your side of the interface but presumably there's a tick box or something similar that indicates what I should be billed for etc. Any billing system should be able to get it right.

Blimey - I'd hate to be able to sort out your accounts at the end of your financial year. (Reminds me - must recommend to HMRC you get looked at - if you make simple mistakes like this how many mistakes do you make in your own financial accounts??)
JonathanW
Grafter

Billing Errors

This is why it'll be open as a problem with our development team, if the component has been removed from your account and you're still being billed there's nothing the support analysts can do to resolve the issue.
N/A

Billing Errors

Surely they could refund the money to the account ( or card ) and also flag it as an issue as there will be logs and records everywhere.

I would have thought so anyway Jon?

Regards,
JonathanW
Grafter

Billing Errors

Yeah, refunds can be sorted out, and I believe that this has already happened previously.
N/A

Billing Errors

He he,

I meant refunding the amount back via Direct Debit or credit card not as a credit note on the account.

At least the EU would then be safe and hopefully happy in the knowledge that whilst an erronous billing cycle may have occured the money will be put back whilst investigations take place as apposed to it mounting up on the side on the account as a credit note.

But thats my thoughts and feelings, probably a way of anyone elses.

Regards,
N/A

Billing Errors

Ok,

Checked my invoices - definately showing as a credit note last month not as a refund. Checked my bank account and definately no refund there either....all there is is the DD for PN last month and now the one this month.

What would happen if I as a customer had not paid you in full for the last 2 months - would you have cut me off by now?

Come on PN. One last chance to sort this out - I still don't follow your script problems either. Presumably there are flags set on my account that indicate what I should and shouldn't be charged for, presumably these can be set manually etc so go ahead and do this please -

And refund me IMMEDIATELY the amounts overcharged Evil
N/A

Billing Errors

If you are paying by Direct Debit, you can phone up your bank and they themselves will refund the over charge immediately and then charge PlusNet for it.
I am sure if you keep doing this, the banks will soon get on PlusNet's case to get their fingers out of their arse.

Otherwise, I would write an official letter to PN stating that you are cancelling your direct debit due to the fact that they consistently overcharge you and are seemingly unable or unwilling to do anything about it. Until it is resolved you will pay in response to an invoice only.
N/A

Billing Errors

OK PN you really are winding me up now.

The latest response says I've had a refund - and then you asked for my bank account to confirm I haven't been paid. here's my reply to the ticket....

"NO YOU HAVENT!

please re-check your system!

On the 16/7/06 in my invoice list there is a "CREDIT NOTE" of £2.99. This HAS NOT been refunded. Explain where it says REFUND in this messageHuh?

There is no corresponding entry in my bank account - I have NOT been refunded. I do not trust you to send you my bank accounts.

Please confirm:
The date REFUND was made
The account number it was sent to
The sort code it was sent to
The Bank account it was sent to

I'm sorry I am getting very angry about this as it such a simple thing to rectify and your ####### it up all the time. You just don't see the problem.

And....

What is happening about the real issue of overbilling and refund for this month. If I don't get a satisfatcory answer by return I wish to make a formal complaint. PLease explain who in your organisation I send this to. PLease also explain why you are not acting correctly on the direct debit guarantee."

I also attached a screen print of the invoices/credit note.

I know it is not a refund - refunds clearly state "Refund" as they've done in the past. A "CREDIT NOTE" is not a refund

PLEASE SORT THIS MESS OUT. The amount may be small but this is typical of your lack of customer service :twisted:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Billing Errors

Hi,

One of my colleagues has already replied to your ticket confirming the refund details for you.