cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problem with the forums

N/A

Read on - I was lucky to copy the text below before I hit submit. (Had to sign in again to write this)

OK - Who made the fix which turned out not to be a fix?

The forums are now unusable because once you finish reading a thread and then move on you have to log in again, someone has screwed up the cookie time. And before it's said - no I don't want to use the auto-login cookie.

I will copy this text as I will probably have to log back in to post this in the couple of mins its taken to type it. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

Maybe it's a ploy to stop folk using the forums and then do away with themHuh?
7 REPLIES
astarsolutions
Grafter

This isn't the forums specifically, its the whole portal; it started happening yesterday shortly after they said they had fixed it.
It seems to have been fixed now.
N/A

Hi Guys,

Yes! the portal page time out duration has YES! has been messed up, I attempted to write a reply to both your postings only to be logged out. I wasnt especially long in trying to write it either. YES! its a new problem that F9 needs to sort out.

**I've just dropped the CSC a support ticket on the problem, so we'll see.

Ivan
francoise-hardy
Grafter

Hi Ivan, f9's variation for today's date perhaps?
robinh
francoise-hardy
Grafter

Clicked submit too soon!
I was going to add that I had this problem a couple of days ago, but thought it was my actions somehow.
robinh
N/A

Hello ALL,

Funny that!!!Huh? since I posted my query to CSC via contact us ticket the problem has myteriously been fixed with no explaination. Anyway wonder if that's the same for everyone else?

Ivan
francoise-hardy
Grafter

Seems ok today.
Just had a funny though, 5 mins ago. I clicked on topic reply notification link in e-mail, came up something like 'topic or item does not exist' ! Now that's a new one.
robinh
N/A

Hi robinh,

I get the destinct impression that what ever the original problem that caused the portal to go pear shaped recently, isnt resolved completely. Or if the original problem was solved then new ones have appeared as a kind of knock on effect from the portal being restored. EIther way its clear that there remains problems with the portal all be it minor one's or annoying one's.

**This portal isnt renowned for being very quick most of the time, in fact I always really really notice it when the portal does run fast. Which sadly isnt very often IMO.

Ivan