cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problem on my ADSL Home Worker 2Mb....Help!!!

N/A

I am new user here, just apply and got modem for 2 day ago. Now my problem is when i connect my modem to internet, i can browse site for a while and looklike server is down. When i try to ping netplus DNS server i got a LOT of time out from DNS server so i guess this is the problem, I had already phone to net plus customer service and got answer something like " my account is open " and he cannot help me to solve my problem and told me to phoned and check with BT again.

Example ( what i got when try to ping with DNS server)

Reply from (...DNS........) byte = 32 time= 32 ms TTL=128
Request timeout
Request timeout
Request timeout
Request timeout
Request timeout
Request timeout
Request timeout
Request timeout

Now i wanna know what should i do now??
I hope someone can help me solve the problem or find out where the problem come from?
Any suggestion may be useful.
Thank you for all comment

PS: sorry for my poor language
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

First of all are you using Windows XP and if so have you upgraded to Service Pack 1? There is a known issue with the USB modem you have and XP which would cause these symptoms. Upgrading to SP1 or using the patch files on the CD supplied should resolve it.
N/A

I already upgrade windowsXP to service pack 1 already, but the problem is still the same.

Anyway i didnt use original modem that include in starter pack, because i using plusnet with multicomputer so i bought new modem that have eternet connection.

I am already done...
- Use original modem with USB connection and got a same problem about time out.

- Also use new modem with ethernet connection but this not solve my problem(time out).

* When i testing i use standalone computer, didnt connect to the network in my house yet. And my computer have not antivirus program and any firewall because i just format my machine and only upgrade to SP1 and also my com is up to date with microsoft website.

Any suggestionHuh
N/A

Hi,

In that case you'll need to raise a new ticket at http://contactus.plus.net following the ADSL troubleshooter links. Please include all details you have of the problem. If you could also try logging in with the username bt_test@startup_domain (no password) and browsing to http://193.113.211.125/digitaldemo and let us know if this is also slow.
N/A

i try it and result is the same. It's very slow ;(