cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time to migrate regarding billing ?

N/A

Going to migrate soon but do not want to pay for the same month with two isp's. Anyone worked out this conumdrem?
please advise?
Tom
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Ask for your MAC 1 day before you next billing date (3 days if in Feb) so your 30 days notice period expires before the next billing date.

Note: its the day you request the MAC, not the day you get it that starts the 30 day notice period.

Also when your migration is completed, let PN know as BT can be a bit slow in telling PN. To ensue you can do this, ask for your account to be downgraded to a dialup PAYGO one so you still have access to the portal and My Questions.

Finally, a MAC will only be issued once you have paid all outstanding deferred payments or fulfilled any contractual obligations like 12 months if on an annual contract.
N/A

Thank you Peter.

and the best time to ask to be downgraded to PAYG dialup would be ? sorry, bit of a 2x4 here!

cheers Tom
Community Veteran

When you request your MAC
N/A

Then cancel your direct debit after the payment for that month has gone out....can't see them stopping collecting your payment automatically once you've migrated.
shellsong
Grafter

No! You need to honour any direct debit payable within the notice period or when you actually migrate, whichever is the later, and then ask PlusNet to refund the excess
N/A

I migrated today and i have sent plusnet an email to cancel my account,is that right? Could anyone from plusnet please find out if it's cancelled because i don't want to be charged any more money.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It depends upon when you requested your MAC, if it was less than the 30 days ago (notice period you are required to give) you will be charged another subscription. Once that date has passed you can claim a refund for any days beyond the 30 day notice period.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

ok thanks m8.