cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being ripped off (Paying £26/pm for Broadband plus!!!

N/A

Then why does it say otherwise here - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

Plus = 10GB
Premier
Option 1 = 30GB (What i should be on)

It also doesnt get away from the fact that i am being overcharged
10 REPLIES
N/A

I'm currently paying £26pm for Broadband plus when realistically i should be on Premier 1. Can someone please tell me what is going on here. I know as i was upgraded to MAX my product was changed but why plus? Infact i am paying more than premier 1. I hope this can be fixed asap i DO NOT WISH TO BE CAPPED!

I ask this because i just received

"support@plus.net - Peak-time usage - you have used 9.8GB this billing month"

10gb till i get capped at peak times is taking the piss 30gb/pm is no problem for me. Why was i switched to the wrong product i hope someone can investigate this problem and sort it out for me asap

thank you.
N/A

10GB is the monthly limit for Premier 1 at peak times.
N/A

you're not paying for any hardware/connection costs that are compounded with the monthly fee?
N/A

Oh yeah theres an extra pound for my domain but thats it ive been paying the same price since i got 512k in 2003
N/A

buttheaduk,

If you have not asked to be regraded onto a new product since you joined this may well explain the reason for the monthly charge.
This has been explained by Plusnet many times before and basically the stance is that if you were to check the site etc regular you could have saved money a lot sooner.
Basically they are selling a different product to what your currently on and so no refund is available.

As for the usage side, the 30Gb is indeed the sustainable usage but the usage limit prior to being managed is 10Gb.
So what happens is you start management @ 10Gb
then stage 2 @ 12.5Gb and finally stage 3 @ 15Gb.

@ 30Gb you get stage 4 which is irreversable ( 1 time only 'Ill be good excuse is available' )

Once you hit 15Gb be advised that things like external FTP and P2P and USENET will be blocked during peak hours.

Regards,
N/A

As i said i was paying for an unmetered product and now i have been changed without being asked to a metered product which is £10 cheaper when i should be on premier 1 as that matches WHAT I AM PAYING. I refuse to pay for a regrade and my stance is if i am not regraded i will remove the direct debit and take it as a breach of my contract sorry to say i hope this can be sorted out without any trouble

Don't you say all users are moved to premier 1 and not plus. Why am i on plus? Infact i've decided i now HATE plusnet sorry i no longer wish to be a customer anymore and to think i recommened you lot to friends!!!

thank you and most likely GOODBYE there are better fish out in the ocean im afraid
N/A

Cheesy here here underhanded Cheesy bloody fine print always gets you
N/A

The truth is if they fuck with me i will fuck with them! I owe UKOnline about 10 months payment and i won Smiley If im going to be on a 10gb fair usage im going bye bye and they can do what they want im not having it i will find a way unless of course they can come to an agreement with me.

My avg dl is around 30gb/pm and i do a lot of upload (direct on ftp!) I dont know if thats included?

:twisted:

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Please dont try and work around the swear filter. Its there for good reason and these forums are frequented by people of all ages.]
N/A

buttheaduk,

The thing is that you were on Easy start was it ? 512?

Well there have been limits for a little bit now. Further more there was an announcement made about the introduction of management ( last year ) and by not having refused to agree you automatically accepted the changes ( this was clearly outlined in the email ).
That change of T&C's also included a section which basically permitted Plusnet to manage our accounts how ever necessary in order to keep the network from detrimental effect and so the introduction of management @ 10Gb etc ( but the still evident 30Gb SUP in peak time ).

The intention of this sort of management was also mentioned in the last newsletter and service status announcement ( i believe ).

The thing is you came to Plusnet in 2003 and entered into a presumable 12 months contract and not a 36 - 48 months contract. So after those 12 months yuo monthly contract meaning that failure to cancel your service ( with 30 days notice ) is automatic acceptance of any new T&C's introduced by Plusnet.

You can still upload a lot and download a lot. But not during peak time.

Peak time is 4PM till Midnight
Off Peak is Midnight till 4PM. Why not make good use of the off peak period ?

Regards,
N/A

Sadly i moved this connection from my parents house a couple of months ago so i presume a new contract has been started