cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being cut off the day after I changed my bank details

N/A

Has anyone been cut off due to a farcial non-payment issue? I am still fuming from the way Plus Net treated me the other day.

Through no fault of my own, my credit card switched ownership and the new owners didn't honour the old direct debits. OK, when PN asked for different payment method, I immediately set up my bank details and PN sent a thank you reply. I did not expect to be cut off the very next day. Their excuse was it takes time for the direct debit to be set up. OK, fair enough but is that the way to treat a long serving customer without a warning? Any one would think we had repeatedly tried to avoid payment. I had several direct debits on this card and all the other companies involved have been much more sympathic and patient while alterantive arrangements are made. Sky for one haven't cut me off! They probably don't want to upset me for fear of losing my custom to another company....... something I am considering with PN.

Plus Net - can you justify your disgraceful treatment towards me and the subsequent ridiculous amount of calls I tried to make to contact you through your maze of a telephone system?
6 REPLIES
N/A

PN are very awful, they abuse me most of the time. This is the time I am giving up to be their customer now. I will NEVER and ever come back to their rubbish service. I am more than a happy man now because i am going somewhere else so I will feel more peaceful than no more abuse Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Sky for one haven't cut me off! They probably don't want to upset me for fear of losing my custom to another company.......

And the other satellite operator in the UK is....?

So you either have a choice of NTL/Telewest or Freeview. So Sky .... and Sky ... or one cable operator and Freeview (assuming cable is installed down your street, which for mine is not) - Not much is there?

I am not trying to defend PlusNet, but you are clearly mistaken if you think they have any kind of customer service. My parents recently got a threatening letter from them regarding the phone line (again) despite the fact all boxes are plugged in.

Won't go too much into it now (and try not to take the thread too OT), but I hope I don't have to deal with such an arrogant company too often.
N/A

Plusnet cut me off once,a long time ago, because my card had expired (I forgot to update my account with the details of the new one).

Fair enough,maybe, except I don't think it's very sensible to cut off internet access in this drastic way - how on earth are you supposed to update the payment details if you can't get on the net?

Surely it makes sense to give customers time to update their details before unceremoniously pulling the plug?
N/A

So you either have a choice of NTL/Telewest or Freeview. So Sky .... and Sky ... or one cable operator and Freeview (assuming cable is installed down your street, which for mine is not) - Not much is there?

There is also HomeChoice.
csogilvie
Grafter

Fair enough,maybe, except I don't think it's very sensible to cut off internet access in this drastic way - how on earth are you supposed to update the payment details if you can't get on the net?

Surely it makes sense to give customers time to update their details before unceremoniously pulling the plug?

You should (now, at least) get put on the "Failed Billing" profile, which diverts all internet access to the portal in the first instance so you can update your details.
N/A

You should (now, at least) get put on the "Failed Billing" profile, which diverts all internet access to the portal in the first instance so you can update your details.

Ah,well that sounds like a big improvement over the old system,whereby you had to phone PN to get reconnected (assuming you'd made a note of the number...).