cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been waiting since April 2005

N/A

My DSLAM upgrade was due to commence in April 2005. I still haven't had my free upgrade from 512Kbps to 2Mbps. I am on BB Premier.

Please could you find out from BT when the upgrade is really due to take place? My mate has, last week, signed up with you (he is on the same exchange as me) and his broadband is working at 2Mbps.

All this reminds me off that Nationwide advert about the mortgages... "ah, sorry that deal is for new customers only".
35 REPLIES
C100
Grafter

Join the club !

But what else do you expect from BT?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've just had a look at the BT ordering system and your free regrade hasn't been processed yet. Unfortunately I have no way of checking when the regrade will actually happen.
N/A

still waiting too :-(
was due April
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

It doesn't look like your's has been processed either. It's likely because the VP status at your exchange has been red recently. Where the VP's been red BT Wholesale have been delaying the regrades.
N/A

Mine is green, care to take another guess at why my regrade got cancelled? Running out of options now, it isn't my exchanges status, it isn't my line, what else is there? Incompetence?
N/A

dt why the hell did you pay BT half a million pounds "on our behalf"? The time it's taken now has resulted in many many customers paying for it done manually meaning you threw money away and it's made you look like a farce promising something you quite can't simply deliver and constantly expecting us to swallow "it's not our fault".
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We'll be paying them £5+VAT for every successful bulk regrade. Any that are done manually or which fail we won't have to pay for.

Unfortunately the schedule is totally out of our hands, and there is no other alternative to upgrading every customer whose line will support a faster speed.

I know that it is disappointing that the schedule has been delayed but there really is nothing that we can do.
N/A

Cough up the rest of the money, bout time you chased this up and if you insist to keep saying "there's nothing we can do", spend even more money to push BT as apparently that seems to get them moving and god knows you're ripping enough people off now to afford it.

Just curious, what percentage of customers are still paying more than £21.99? Not 100% sure, but that's covered under the freedom of information act isn't it?
N/A

that's covered under the freedom of information act isn't it?

Not if its commercially sensitive.
N/A

PN's income figures are not financially sensitive, if I can enquire about how much the senior exec earns at work (FoI allows me to get this information) I'm sure PN can disclose that x% are on "up to 4mb" and y% are on "up to 8mb" - is that better phrased?
mjtuohy
Grafter

Good Idea

If +net are going to pay £5 + vat to bt for each n/c to customer upgrade. But will not be charged for the people who pay £14.99 for the upgrade .
Why don't they as a gesture refund £5.00 to the people who paid themselves ?
N/A

I think that what was meant is that the discounted rate (£5) applies to the bulk upgrades, although for individual upgrades the standard rate applies.
I think from previous threads we established that the standard rate that BTW charge PN is approx £13 - hence the charge of £15 being passed on to customers (factor in admin cost etc)
N/A

The free regrade does not exist, it is nothing more than hype by +net to keep existing customers when the FUP fell through to stop mass migrations. Tongue

But if you really want faster speeds then stick your hand in your pocket and pay up, you may eventually be lucky.
N/A

The free regrade does not exist, it is nothing more than hype by +net to keep existing customers when the FUP fell through to stop mass migrations.

Not sure where you are coming from on that. if the free regrade does not exist, how come many people are being upgraded from 512 connections to 2mb at no cost to them.

If that aint a free then i dont know what is.