Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been switched to LLU

N/A

Been switched to LLU

Hi,

Recently got switched to the Tiscali LLU

Sync speed: 6592000, snr:11.0, however I'm only seeing 2mbit speeds, so I raised a ticket as follows..

me to plusnet:

Hi There

It looks like the Tiscali LLU upgrade was earlier than the 19th april as specified in the email i received from you

however, i'm syncing at 6592000 but still only getting 2mbit speeds

is this correct?

cheers,
Steve.

Actioned : Dear Mr Green,
The treason you are only seeing 2mb speeds is because you are a high user and the speeds will have been restricted.

Regards,

Treason?? LOL

Assigned : So, are you saying I will never see speeds above 2mbit while I'm with PlusNet?

-Steve.

So, according to CSC I will never see speeds above 2mbit, treason was mentioned ( ;P) and now I'm stuck with

a) staying with plusnet after paying 39.99 to be 'first in the list to be moved' and promises of higher speeds - which, for me, has turned out to be a complete lie - I guess they can put some spin on it and say '2mbit IS up to 8mbit speeds' though??!!

b) migrating somewhere else with all the costs and downtime involved with moving from LLU to normal adsl

Anyone else think this is bang out of order?

miffed,
Steve.
28 REPLIES
N/A

Been switched to LLU

I thought the speeds were held at the low speed for a short period for Tiscali to sort themselves out ,could be wrong here though ."Treason "have you been selling connection secrets then :lol:
Mand
Grafter

Been switched to LLU

Please accept my apologies for the previous comment, this has been addressed with the agent in question.

The reason your speed is currently restricted to 2MB is we have to monitor your stable speed over a period of 2 weeks. Once we have an indication of the speed your line maintains we will lift your account profile so that you can benefit from higher speeds. We do this to ensure that your connection remains stable during the monitoring period, if the profile was set at 8MB but you only sync'ed at 4MB this would result in the loss of data and an inferior online experience.

Regards,
Mand Beckett
Community Veteran

Been switched to LLU

What type of account are you on? Maybe that is the treason.

Chris
N/A

Been switched to LLU

I thought the speeds were held at the low speed for a short period for Tiscali to sort themselves out ,could be wrong here though ."Treason "have you been selling connection secrets then :lol:

hehe, I think someones been watching V for Vendetta or something Wink
N/A

Been switched to LLU

Please accept my apologies for the previous comment, this has been addressed with the agent in question.

The reason your speed is currently restricted to 2MB is we have to monitor your stable speed over a period of 2 weeks. Once we have an indication of the speed your line maintains we will lift your account profile so that you can benefit from higher speeds. We do this to ensure that your connection remains stable during the monitoring period, if the profile was set at 8MB but you only sync'ed at 4MB this would result in the loss of data and an inferior online experience.

Regards,
Mand Beckett

Thank you Mand, now please take said agent out the back and shoot him Tongue

-Steve
Mand
Grafter

Been switched to LLU

We had a vote and have settled for a quick but brutal beating Smiley
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Been switched to LLU

You could try sending him to the House of Lords instead - I think there might be some free vacancies there, and it would no doubt suit him.
N/A

Been switched to LLU

Am I alone in thinking this might be the truth?
The treason you are only seeing 2mb speeds is because you are a high user and the speeds will have been restricted.

And that this might be what they're supposed to say?
The reason your speed is currently restricted to 2MB is we have to monitor your stable speed over a period of 2 weeks. Once we have an indication of the speed your line maintains we will lift your account profile so that you can benefit from higher speeds.

Maybe it's just PN making me paranoid...
N/A

Been switched to LLU

I think you probably are being paranoid Wink
There are far too many mistakes happening at the moment but they are simply mistakes. I don't believe there is anything underhand at work here, just a combination of misguided actions and errors.
N/A

Been switched to LLU

Am I alone in thinking this might be the truth?

We had all better watch out - if it is now treason to use more than your allowance we'll need alot more jails Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Been switched to LLU

It was definitely a mistake by an agent and has been addressed.

As some of you know when regraded to MaxDSL the speed is monitored and can fluctuate over a 10 day period to maintain a reliable service, this is not possible on LLU and so a higher profile than the actual speed received can cause issues with data being lost.

This is why we limit the data speed for the initial period of 10-14 days, we then receive a report from the supplier which gives the stable speed and adjust the profile accordingly.
jagger
Grafter

Been switched to LLU

We had all better watch out - if it is now treason to use more than your allowance we'll need alot more jails Smiley

Nah,still carries the death penalty. Cheesy
N/A

Been switched to LLU

lucky you... for some treason i still havnt got my up to 8MB
N/A

Been switched to LLU

We had a vote and have settled for a quick but brutal beating Smiley

I don't suppose there's any archived webcam footage (bytage?), is there?