cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been moved to LLU - speed throttled?

churtonst31
Grafter

My account was upgraded to Premier Option 1 from ADSL home on the night of 15/16th May and, after some correspondance with customer service I discovered that I was being moved to LLU.

The regrade happened the following night (last night) and I woke up to find my modem synching at 8Mbps. The connection wasn't working and it took me some time to work out that my router was using PPPoE instead of PPPoA. (Clearly both must work on the BT network!!!).

Anyway, now it is all working, but I am only seeing download speeds of up to 2Mbps. Upload speeds have increased, however, to 0.5Mbps. Specifically:

Downstream 1,980.1 Kbps ( = 1.9 Mbps )
Upstream 503.6 Kbps ( = 0.5 Mbps )

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to raise a ticket to get some throttling lifted? Will it sort itself out in time?

Thanks for help!

Simon
4 REPLIES
N/A

It should sort itself after a few days when Tiscali send off their "reports" to PlusNet about your line, and then the cap is lifted so it will be more in line with your sync (but will be below).
N/A

I Was LLu'd on the 9th May and have also only been seeing max download speeds of 2MB day or off peak with sync around 6500 down 640 up. This leads me to think it was throttled.

I sent a ticket to enquire,but was advised by tech support that you should see your fastest download speed your line will support from day 1.
Community Veteran

That is actually not true and the CS rep may be confusing ADSLMax with LLU.

Tiscali, like BT, have a 10 day trial period but unlike BT, the line is limited to 2Mbs until the end of the 10 day period. Once that is completed, Tiscali send a report to PN telling them the max data rate they will support for the line and PN then set that limit.

So during the trial period you will be limited to 2Mbs.
churtonst31
Grafter

Ok. That make sense and is what I am seeing still.

I got an email from PN today acknowledging that:

As part of our commitment to providing the best value broadband experience, we have now successfully moved your broadband service to our alternative broadband network.

But I still see throttled speed of 2Mbps. I guess I will have to wait for another 10 days to enjoy the 8Mbps!!!

Out of interest, can anyone tell me what they are trialling in the 10 day period then? What can you tell about the stability of a connection if the throughput is limitted to 2Mbps?