Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been messed around for near 2months.

oakuka
Grafter

Hi,
i generaly dont use forums, so this is a first post on this board, im in a dilema and i dont know if anyone can help in here. I paying for 2mb premier home service, and i opted in for the free upgrade to 8mb. untill now plusnet have been exelent.
The problem is that i was disconected from my phone line (BT), because of an outstanding charge, and because of the dates of the cut-off and my payday, i had to wait a weekish till i was able to pay the charge, (and also still paying for my conection) i did this, Bt said 6-48hours it should comeback on, it didnt, so i rang them and they pointed my in the direction of Plusnet, i contacted them and i had to pay another charge (PSTN), so i payed this charge aswell, "5-7 days it should come on". 5-7 days later it did, but only at 512kbs (576.0kbps), rang plusnet and they said that i could only support 512kb on my line, the same line that ive been on 2mb for over a year. So they said that service will be back to normal in 5-7 days. Another long wait sure enough it wasnt. Rang plusnet again, and they said that my account was switched to 512kbs, when im still paying 2mb price (£39.99), and the guy on the phone said that he'll change it up to 2mb again, and it will take 5-7 days again, sure enough it hasnt come on again. but my account summary says "PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb £21.99(monthly) " , i Ive raised tickets, all been answerd, but very slowly some up to 24hours, i dont know if i could have been something todo with the newsletter saying something about a 'line crash'.
But would anyone beable to shed some light, as im pulling my hair out. And would i get a refund? and my free upgrade?

Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

When Plusnet order a connection from BT it is ordered at the fatest speed your line will support - not a specific speed. This speed is down to what the BT database says your line is capable of - and this has a reputation for frequently being wrong. Put your telephone number in to the box on the right hand side of this and see what it say. If this says 512 the problem is down to your 'friends' BT.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JonathanW
Grafter

I've taken a look at your account, regarding this matter, and due to the nature of the issues I have created a ticket to more fully explain this.

With regards to the delays in the ticketing system, this is something that we have been working to resolve, as prior to last week some of these were taking much longer to resolve than we would have liked.

As for your account, it would appear that someone has switched you to what is currently the Up To 2mb account, which will still get you the free upgrade to the 8mb speeds during April, as we carry out the product refresh.
oakuka
Grafter

Hi
thanks for the replys, the tests show that i can get 256kb/512kb/1mb/2mb speeds.
Due to the ticket being raised, i can only wait till tomorrow, and hopefull i'll be a happy chappy again, :lol:

Thanks once again.

Oakuka
N/A

hello, i had my line upgraded last year to 2mb/s( no problems for over a year before this), and have had problens since but things have come to a head in the last 4 weeks with little or no connection, and when i do connect the dropouts are very frequent, a fault ticket was opened on the 22nd feb, and bt came round last week and Said " you have too much noise on the line because you are 3.6km from the exchange and should have had the line tested befor being upgraded" i did not ask for the upgrade too 2mb/s and only found out about it buried in a email. so it goes to prove that the upgrades are carried out with out testing.
JonathanW
Grafter

Our system checks all upgrades against the BT system before carrying them out, but this is well known for being incorrect at times and can lead to BT not carrying out an upgrade or carrying out an upgrade that shouldn't happen.
LiamM
Grafter

Welcome to the forums. Apologies your first post has to be a complaint.
avalon
Grafter

As for your account, it would appear that someone has switched you to what is currently the Up To 2mb account, which will still get you the free upgrade to the 8mb speeds during April, as we carry out the product refresh.

Given that the op stated he was paying £39.99, presumably since the prices changed early last year, and he didn't know as he doesn't visit the forums, you will also be looking at his usage and perhaps giving him a refund of the overpayment if he has used less than the £21.99 allowance??

Obviously he is a moderate user or the helpful CS staff wouldn't have switched him onto the £21.99 product.