cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be Prepared

N/A

Be Prepared

It seems that the Usage warning email problem still hasnt been sorted, the computer still throws out an email at you telling you that once you hit 10gb, your going to be managed...despite being an option 2 customer....

Come on plusnet, uninstall Windows 95 off that machine and update it please, these emails are getting a little tiring Wink
10 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Be Prepared

Hi,

I'm sorry about this, I've raised it internally the developers as problem 32773 to find out why it's happening and correct it for you.
N/A

Be Prepared

maybe defrag the hard drive lol....dont get me wrong, its not an attack or owt...hence the wink.....just a bit annoying and worrying is all lol
N/A

Be Prepared

We know and apearciate the coment dosnt help its a 486 Wink

Joking apart this is being looked into and it will get fixed as we are well aware that we are getting alot customers are having the same problem.
N/A

Be Prepared

ahh the ole 486.....theres ya problem see....you need at least a 733 in their with a super duper 32mb of SDR!!

gawd...do I have to think of everything!!
N/A

Be Prepared

Does management also kick in incorrectly, or is it just limited to an incorrect email?
N/A

Be Prepared

half of my problem with my speeds when they were dropping below a meg were apparently due to being incorrectly profiled!
N/A

Be Prepared

Ah well, at least your connection wasn't totally busted for half the time you thought it was!

Or is that really no consolation?

Did they find out what was wrong the other half?

EDIT:
Included this reference to the Scouting movement just to keep the thread on topic :lol:
N/A

Be Prepared

Well it was alright in the mornings, and then after sort of 2pm it just dropped to around a meg, or half a meg, complained, and after about 2 weeks of tickets going back and forth it was sorted, and has been stable for a while now, but I deliberatley put myself on the option 2 because 10gb wasnt enough, but ever since I switched, I had these emails warning about management at 10gb.

Finally last week I was informed that my profile was incorrect, and should be changed, this week, I get the above email, hopefully these nice people will prevent the management from kicking in automatically!
Community Veteran

Be Prepared

Ah, so you are not recieving the service for which you are paying for ... this is something BT can not be blamed for. Hopefully you are getting a refund of some sort if this is true.

Wink

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Be Prepared

nup, it was a mistake, and was only going on for about 3 weeks, i have more important things to worry about that internet in life lol Wink