cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 2 problem!

Azagoth
Grafter

Battlefield 2 problem!

At random times in Battlefield 2 I keep getting a "There is a problem with your connection" error box pop-up and then I have to exit the game! The connection is fine straight afterwards as I can play Guild Wars, surf, email or whatever without having to re-connect. Example, I've just had a three hour session which was perfect, then out of the blue that message pops up and I've just posted this here without re-conecting! Earlier it occured straight away as I entered a map!

This only happens in BF2, I only ever go on servers with pings of 70 or less and the game plays superbly until this message pops-up!

It's bloody infuriating as today this as cost me two promotions and and a plethora of medals!

Anyone esle having this particular problem? If so, have you had it rectified?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Battlefield 2 problem!

Have you already tried the developers website for info on possible problems caused by the game itself? Maybe you're on 8mb with interleaving on hence PL and then that message? I dunno I'm just throwing things around.
Azagoth
Grafter

Battlefield 2 problem!

Yeah, EA customer support say that it's a problem with my ISP and therefore out of their remit.

As for 8MB and interleaving, don't get me started on that topic. I put in for a regrade que-jump, didn't get regraded and then found found out that my mate, whom I refered to +net after me, is enjoying his 8MB line. So I can definately rule that out as my modem is synching at 2.2MB as alway's and the connection is rock solid as always.
N/A

Battlefield 2 problem!

I feel your pain on both fronts.

I too have had ridiculous connection issues with BF2 recently although +net have failed to remedy this (or even acknowledge there is an issue!). So much for an ISP who allegedly provide a service "Ideal for online gaming"....maybe....so long as its solitaire!!!!

The 8Mb line issue is another sore point for me. I too have signed up for the queue jump but prior to that a referral of mine was upgraded to Max and is working away at stupidly fast speeds.....I aint a happy bunny thats for sure!

Come on +net......extract the pinky from the stinky and lets get these issues sorted!
Community Veteran

Battlefield 2 problem!

I play BF2 on the PS2, before and after MaxDSL being enabled (I have interleaving too), I have had some days where I get those error messages with the EA servers.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Battlefield 2 problem!

Not all of the servers are owned by EA you know, more often than not it will be a problem with them if you're just joining any old ranked server. but yea i get this sometimes too, if it happens i move off and try another server, sticking to servers that have a low overall ping themsleves.