cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch FTP

N/A

Batch FTP

Can anyone tell me whether use of the Batch FTP tool allows me to reduce peak time usage. I sometimes need to download very large files and am quite willing to defer them a day.

If I use the Batch FTP tool and then make the final download in peak hours does this still count as peak usage. I typically make a point of making such downloads outside of peak hours(before work or after midnight) but would prefer to use Batch FTP if it has the same effect. (last 3 major downloads where 36Mb, 56Mb and 88Mb so I am talking pretty big numbers)
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Batch FTP

Pretty certain that will still count as peak usasge. If it comes down your wire at peak times - it is peak usage.

It may be subject to a different level of throttling if you are already managed due to the fact you are doing internal ftp rather than external ftp. Not sure about this though.
Community Veteran

Batch FTP

BatchFTP has not worked for years. It should have been removed from the portal by now but yet again it still remains for people like you to get all excited about using it then find you can't.