cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwith Usage Quota Mis-Information

N/A

I'm aware that this subject has been bashed around a lot on this forum, however the plus.net website does actually state that there are no fixed download limits for either the Plus or Premier accounts.

This brings confusion to people, and I expect people have signed up looking at this information thinking that there are no strict bandwith limits. I saw this when migrating to plus.net and thought because of this there were no strict limits.

This screen shot was taken today (25 May 2006) at 5.30pm

16 REPLIES
Eserim
Rising Star

they are all factually true - there are no fixed limits - on Plus there is a 3GB peak usage, after which you get "managed" your connection slows, but you are still online and still able to connect without paying any extra.

The ads maybe could be clearer up front, but they are correct
N/A

Isn't it also true that when this "management" continues and escalates, you get to the point when services progressively start getting blocked until the end of the billing period - this is certainly not "no fixed download limits".
shellsong
Grafter

The download limits aren't fixed-- they've been getting progressively smaller with time! :lol:
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

On premier there are no dowload limits, the only restrictions apply during peak times, outside of this you can download as much as you like. But surely before you signed up for the account you checked the more info page and looked at what you were getting for your money.
N/A

On premier there are no dowload limits, the only restrictions apply during peak times, outside of this you can download as much as you like.

So you're saying, there are no limits, there are limits, there are sometimes limits. Covering all bases, eh?
N/A

So you're saying, there are no limits, there are limits, there are sometimes limits.

That just about sums it up in a nutshell... Wink
N/A

So you're saying, there are no limits, there are limits, there are sometimes limits.

That just about sums it up in a nutshell... Wink

It must be great running an ISP business when unlimited doesn't mean unlimited nowadays, and "no fixed download limits" doesn't mean that either. Would be just like going into a well known pizza place, asking for the all you can eat pizza buffet for £3.99, and being told you can only have 3 slices for that unless you go there when most people (including yourself) don't want to eat!
craign
Grafter

ah, PN and FUP is like.....

all you can eat pizza buffet....

Exactly. Go into any Pizza Hut, buy a £3.99 unlimited buffet.... which in reality is limited. Why is nobody posting how much a liar and cheat Pizza Hut is?

Are there no such complaints because we accept the facts...

- that the restaurant kitchen can only make a certain number of pizzas per hour
- that there's a queue to get to the buffet which means sometimes we have to wait
- that our mouths can only eat pizza at a limited rate
- that if one person went to the buffet and took all the food, they'd be treated with varying degrees of disrespect by the other customers

In essence, when we buy the unlimited buffet - we know it's not really unlimited.
N/A

What you're saying is more like an "acceptable/fair usage policy" rather than strict limiting that is in place at plus.net

Basically, you know there might be some restrictions (i.e. amount of pizzas coming out, amount your stomach can handle), but you're not immediately limited by the pizza company to say 3 slices at certain times and a whole lot more at times you don't actually want your dinner!
N/A

I think you'll probably find if you *DO* go into an "eat all you can" and order a ridiculous amount of food, after a while you would be asked to leave.
N/A

Again, an "acceptable/fair usage policy" rather than a strict limit immediately imposed.
N/A

I think you may find that the post by Chilly and the Linky provided by pchambers, has some bearing on the matter being discussed.
N/A

I am very unhappy about the download limits on bb+, It has changed form 5GB to 3GB and I have not emailed about this change.

I am thinking of change my ISP,

I remember when their was no download limit on my account.
shellsong
Grafter

The internet has "all you can eat" suppliers-- it's just that PlusNet has a delivery franchise that pays chauffeur driven Rolls prices for youths on scooters and works on a "this is all we will deliver" principle! Tongue