cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth limits

glyndev
Grafter

Bandwidth limits

On the page http://www.plus.net/info2/compare/more_info.html with regards to Data Transfer Quota it says that

The daily Website Traffic Limit will vary depending upon which account-type you have.

But nowhere can i find a definitive list of these account limits listing each type of account. The reason that I ask is that I am considering setting up a server at home for additional space for my sites and was wondering if this would impact on any bandwidth allowance.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Bandwidth limits

That quote is in relation to your PlusNet webspace. There's no limit on the amount of bandwidth which can be used on your ADSL account, although I suspect that if it was hogging it, PlusNet would ask you to upgrade to a business account.

Also, the bandwidth limit per day on your webspace is the same as the amount of space you have (I.E. if you have 250mb of space you're allowed to transfer 250mb worth of data per day).
glyndev
Grafter

Bandwidth limits

I can understand that any process that is hogging bandwidth would be unacceptable. And I would totally agree with that.

So if I can clarify.

1) There is no limit for data transfer from your home location to the web and vise-versa.

2) If you are serving data / websites from your home location this does not count towards your Webspace quota.

To add a quick aside to this.

Going by what has been said above.

If I downgraded a PAYG Lite to a PAYG Free account and placed a frameset on the Free account space then dragged the rest of the site from my machine at home Via my ADSL connection, then the above would apply.

I know that the bandwidth useage would not be excessive due to past experience with the sites. But it would save me a few pounds a month.
csogilvie
Grafter

Bandwidth limits

1 - Yes
2 - Yes

Aside - No. All that would be servered from www.username.plus.com would be the page with the <frameset> in it -the contents would be served from your connection and so would not use your webspace bandwidth.
glyndev
Grafter

Bandwidth limits

Thanks eurotrain and colin.

That has helped me on my way. still trying to disseminate info from other forums to help me before I start the project.
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Bandwidth limits

But nowhere can i find a definitive list of these account limits listing each type of account. The reason that I ask is that I am considering setting up a server at home for additional space for my sites and was wondering if this would impact on any bandwidth allowance.

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=160#web2

Regards,

Ian
glyndev
Grafter

Bandwidth limits

Thanks Ian