cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth Stats

N/A

Bandwidth Stats

Whats happened to the usage graphs? We seem to have a doubling of bandwidth usage on all three account types :lol:

http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/broadband_bandwidth_uage.shtml
13 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Bandwidth Stats

Are those usage graphs or seismographs-- 10 on the Richter scale, epicentre Sheffield. :shock: :lol:
___oDiN__
Grafter

Bandwidth Stats

sorry chaps ill cancel my download and bring the graphs back to normal
N/A

Bandwidth Stats

Hmm,

It does seem a little odd that does. Premier jumping up to nearly 4Gbps thats something i dont think Plusnet have seen before. Either that or the ellacoya was being rebooted :x
ceridwen
Grafter

Bandwidth Stats

Maybe its the metronet customers who have been moved onto the PN network (and who get 90GB of clean, non-traffic shaped SUPped or traffic management data).

Matthew
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Bandwidth Stats

There was a spike on the graphs casued by some erroneous activity on an account which caused a large number of packets per second to flow through the network and skew the results of the graphs. The networks guys have had a look and identified it and also are going to do some work to make sure that this does not occur again. Apologies for any confusion caused.
shellsong
Grafter

Bandwidth Stats

In fact those graphs show a peak on Premier of over 8Gbs if you count uploads and PlusNet doesn't have half that capacity AFAIK :?
Maybe one of the scripts their industrial year uni dropout generated for them got fed into the wrong place :lol:
shellsong
Grafter

Bandwidth Stats

There was a spike on the graphs casued by some erroneous activity on an account which caused a large number of packets per second to flow through the network and skew the results of the graphs.

A spike! :shock: :roll: Downloads and uploads are still skewed upwards by 2Gbps each after 15 hours :?
What on earth sort of account could have caused that sort of mayhem? Obviously it wasn't a normal PlusNet account-- they're almost managed out of existence! :lol:

Edit: I've just found out what caused it-- an Xbox!
N/A

Bandwidth Stats

It was an account which suddenly recieved a flood of traffic which caused a massive number of packets per second and the graphs skewed sorry for the confusion.
N/A

Bandwidth Stats

lol
Edit: I've just found out what caused it-- an Xbox!

Do you think all those lost bullets I've fired over the last few weeks suddenly appeared, and with no place to go? They just kept fizzing round the network. :roll:

I'm glad it wasn't me taking the front cover of the router!

Simon
N/A

Bandwidth Stats

It was an account which suddenly recieved a flood of traffic

A DDoS on a customer IP? That doesn't explain why both download AND upload jumped up. Also, how can a customer IP accept more traffic than their line will allow? I'm confused.
shellsong
Grafter

Bandwidth Stats

Maybe it wasn't a customer! Maybe it was PlusNet! Wink
Can't think of anyone that would want to do a DoS on them :roll: :shock: :lol:
N/A

Bandwidth Stats

Hmm, I thought those graphs only represented customer traffic? I'm getting more confused by the minute!
shellsong
Grafter

Bandwidth Stats

Although I was only joking (sort of) I can imagine that a big account that doesn't figure in the customer stats could be using the PN network and something like a DoS attack could have repercussions on the whole network where there's traffic shaping equipment involved-- this is only hypothesis and wild conjecture on my part of course!