cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth Question

N/A

Bandwidth Question

Can i ask why my whole months 8am-4pm usage has been counted since 21st December? I understand that this change could possibly be for the better (according to PN staff) although I find it very very poor that this being only introduced a few days ago yet you count all my months usage, very unfair, as far as i was concerned what i did between 8am-4pm was off-peak and unrestricted.

I am now left with less than 150Mb of 8am-4pm usage before my service is restricted... surely you should not of counted the whole of my months usage when you only introduced this a few days ago? Cry
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Bandwidth Question

Your whole usage during this period has been counted because ths policy was introduced early in December, rather than during the past few days.

Though I would suggest that you keep in mind that the VMBU is just there as a guideline, as it does count all of your usage, not just p2p/ftp/nntp.
N/A

Bandwidth Question

ahh... i get you... so i maybe not as close to the 20Gb peak usage as i thought? I am correct in understanding that you mean the usage stated on "my usage" for the 8am-4pm time scale is all my usage (browsing, email etc..) and not just the ftp etc.. that will cause you to manage my account?
Highlighted
JonathanW
Grafter

Bandwidth Question

That's correct, the page displays all traffic transfered over your connection, no matter what protocol was used to transfer it.
N/A

Bandwidth Question

cheers for clearing that up Jon... appreciated Wink