cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad pinging in games recently?

N/A

Whats going on?

Over the last few days I have been getting very high pings in games and its the exact reason i left Tiscali.

Its not just me, i know various people all around the UK that are experiencing the exact same problems that are all on the same package as me.

Are plusnet going to do anything about this or not as this is very very annoying,

I download about 15-20GB a month, so if i get told i am subject to traffic shaping then i am not at all impressed.

Had no problems up to now apart from P2P speeds (expected), and now this pops up.

Cheers
4 REPLIES
madfruit
Dabbler

I just got this exact same thing... for the firs time though... got booted out of a BF2 match for high ping. Now when I ping google.co.uk I am getting 140ms average!!

But I have to say this is the first time I have experienced it...

[Edit]

As for bandwidth usage... I am just under 5Gb this month, and have never used more than 10Gb... so I am sure I am not being 'managed'. I bet not be anyway.
N/A

Migrating to METRONET in 3 days for this very reason. Bye bye PN - don't expect them to be in business in 6 months.
N/A

mrcrane.

That post is neither factual nor is it constructive feedback.

Trolling posts of this nature are not welcome on these boards.

Please stop.
Highlighted
N/A

My most grovelling apologies.

Will you delete this I wonder....

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary