cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Connection & Told Off By Moderator

N/A

Hi All,

Lol yesterday i posted a new topic "Plusnet going bust?" this has since been deleted and i was told off by a mod for scaremongering, I strongly dissagreed,

My company has been crippled by a bad connection for nearly 6 weeks now, we have had no support so far, so i want to see how many people are in this situation....

I was also told that plusnet are not in trouble, which means they are not hiring enough support staff, meaning money is more important than running a good fare business...

I bet this topic will be gone within the hour... we will see

Daz
21 REPLIES
N/A

Could be some truth in your comments as PN has called a meeting with the shareholders on 1st August to present the half yearly accounts. From my experience this is not normal. Can't remember any of the companies I hold shares in doing this and the majority of these companies are fully listed. PN is only AIM listed and with this listing there is less regulatory requirements.
craign
Grafter

This is possibly the only publicly available related reference I could find on the web? Anyone have any feedback on the accuracy of 'ShareWhisper'

PNT.L news (Daily Express section)
N/A

You probably would have been able to post that on ADSLGuide without censorship :roll:
N/A

see now this is wat i was thinking, a company that is not in trouble shouldnt be having these problems, i went off at the mod that told me off on the basis that he removed my thread for all the wrong reasons,

and he had no idea him self, if there is a problem and plusnet goes down, my company will be in a worse state than it already is, we have 3 accounts with plus net (our company works remotly using terminal service's) 2 of them work fine, 1 of them is Fudged if we loose all 3 we can no longer trade.........

so u can see where im coming from.

Darren
N/A

and he had no idea him self

What exactly had I no idea about.

I asked for details of your connection problem to see if i could get the issue escalated for you. Prior to that I explained why the post wasnt suitable.

The meeting on 1 August has been scheduled for quite some time and is perfectly normal.

If you require community support with your connection problem then by all means post more information so that help may be offered.
N/A

Ok my connection problem:-

Our connection will not stay connected for more than 2 mins, as we use terminal service's and it takes time to log back in, when they get dissconnected byt the time they get back on it has dissconnected again, this started after we got the dreaded Max upgrade.... 5 weeks on and nothing has been done to solve our problem while im sat here on the brink of being fired (because i recommended plusnet).

the branch in question has had 2 really bad months (because they cannot trade), im sat here in head office unable to do anything about it but appoligise and winge at plusnet, i send a new ticket every day and maby 1 in 10 gets answered.

so u can see why im thinking that plusnet is in trouble, because you told me that money is not a problem, SO HIRE MORE LInk:censored STAFF! it is either in the Link:censored or being greeeedy!

So which is it Mr Mod, as you are clued up?

Daz Out

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Attempt to bypass swear filter removed
James
Grafter

Meetings with shareholders to discuss biannual results is pretty normal.
N/A

So it has nothing to do with the report in the Daily Express then?

Daily Express

Share Whisper:
*Fears of a profits warning hits PlusNet (LSE: PNT.L - news) .

Linky

I agree about posting on ADSL Guide though; that post wouldn't have been deleted!
N/A

Sorry the meeting is not for shareholders but for city analyst. Having shareholders/analyst meetings on quarterly or half yearly results are not normal.

Company PlusNet plc
TIDM PNT
Headline Notice of Results
Released 12:13 13-Jul-06
Number 1572G

RNS Number:1572G
PlusNet plc
13 July 2006

For Immediate Release 13 July 2006

PlusNet plc

NOTIFICATION OF INTERIM RESULTS

PlusNet will be announcing its interim results for the six months to 30 June
2006 on Tuesday, 1 August 2006.

There will be a presentation to analysts at 09.30am on the day at Smithfield, 10
Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4HJ.

- Ends -

N/A

Ah, once more it all becomes as clear as mud once it's been explained by a CS agent... Smiley

They may have some spectacular results to show the city analyst though, we will wait and see.
Alecto
Grafter

While some people just don't do their cause any good by their approach (and I tend to agree that a post like "Is Plusnet going bust" is unnecessary scaremongering and will put off new readers), has anybody at Plusnet actually done anything to help this guy?
The only Pn post on this thread is about the meeting.
N/A

Im still waiting for the help, while my job hangs in the balence......

and it would seem i may have touched a nerve here.... GOOD!

Daz Out.
N/A

Re: Bad Connection & Told Off By Moderator

I was also told that plusnet are not in trouble, which means they are not hiring enough support staff, meaning money is more important than running a good fare business...

Well, there have certainly been a number of interesting threads recently, such as:

N/A

Daz,

Awaiting answers and getting frustrated at the lack of speed with which these are being dealt with is understandable. Whats unforgivable in my eyes however would be rude behaviour and even ruder language.
If your connection needs to re-sync once every couple of minutes this could possibly be for a number of reasons. This happened with me when I used a Netgear router yet it is very solid whilst using a D-Link.
On the same token you may have a dodgy filter or the line may have a slight fault.
The point being is that if your apporach was mild mannered whilst firm you may receive a better response.

And having read the post you made last night which was removed into storage I would agree with Mark that it was speculating and based on absolutely no facts at all.

Out of purecuriosity what router are you using and what are the line stats ?

Regards,