cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Call Times

N/A

Bad Call Times

I,m just wondering if your in the contact us[phone]it says ;calls waiting 0,longest wait 0,average answer time 1min 03 secs,[HOW DOE,S IT THEN TAKE 7MINS25 SECS ,TO ANSWER YOU]Any-one else getting the same problem.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Please do not use all capitals in the titles of posts. Apart from being hard to read, it is considered shouting and rude.]
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Bad Call Times

The info you see is 10 mins old, so 10 mins ago there were no calls in the queue - this does not mean there are any agent free however or what the situation is now rather than 10 mins ago.

Some calls will take longer to answer depending on the number of calls in progress and the number of agents available. According to the graphs, PN are averaging 12 calls at any one time and peaked at 18 so if there are only 12 agents available and you are call 13 you have to wait for an agent to become free which in your case may have taken over 7 minutes.

There will always be busy times and times when there are not enough agents to answer calls immediately which is why PN have a queuing system so your wait is as low as possible.

This is normal for call centres and it is often pot-luck if you get an immediate answer or not, clearly times like lunchtime or early evening are busy times but often that is when there are less agents around so answer times will increase. Since you posted, the average answer time (which is for ther whole day) has gone up to 1min 16 meaning there are delays in answering the calls..
N/A

Bad Call Times

well peter your saying its all 10mins old,WELL why have it there if it ai,nt going to happen.You might as well have pot luck and go on when its busy [with loads of calls waiting?]AND TO CSOGILVIE ;YOU NEED TO SHOUT SOMETIMES AS SOME PEOPLE DON,T LISTEN?To what your saying or writing most of the time,AND for it harder 2 read[DON,T THINK SO].
lhorwath
Grafter

Bad Call Times

Hi there,

The call stats have a 5 second delay, however if you are unlucky enough to call when a large volume of calls come in then this will obviously add to the call times. If you PM me the number you dialled from we can investigate how long you were waiting and how many calls were in the queue at that time.

regards

Luke
Community Veteran

Bad Call Times

miffs,

It is still an indication of how busy they have been so may still be. It also gives a 24 hour graph showing when they are busiest. Using both of those indicators you can assess when the best time to call is. There is still no guarantee that when you call you will not have to wait but at least you can get a rough idea what is happening and don't call when they are the busiest.

It is better to have something that is a few minutes old than to have nothing at all like most of the other ISPs or call centres have

Luke,

Although the stats may be updated every 5 seconds, they are still 10 mins old according to the time above the stats.
N/A

Bad Call Times

what is it 2mins or 10mins[wait i,ll toss a coin?]At the end why have it then,i,ll try pot luck ;than getting told something that aint going to happen.
lhorwath
Grafter

Bad Call Times

Inbound call handling updates every 10 seconds

I thought it was every 5 seconds, but it looks from the support guide that it is infact every 10 seconds.
The graph representing the call volumes is every 5 minute period.

Peter - I can't see it saying 10 minutes.

regards

Luke
Community Veteran

Bad Call Times

The time at the top of the Real-Time Inbound Call Handling box says 24/03/2004 14:14:00 but the actual time is 14:24 i.e. it is showing the details for 14:14 not 14:24. Unless the clock is wrong somewhere.

Yes it does update every 10 seconds but it is not showing the current time.

So my assumption is it's not real time but 10 mins ago.
csogilvie
Grafter

Bad Call Times

I think the time is out, as its refreshing every 10 seconds or so here...
lhorwath
Grafter

Bad Call Times

Hi there,

This should now be fixed. The time was wrong by ten minutes. I've changed it now and it has updated on the portal. The ten seconds update stands :lol:

regards

Luke
N/A

Bad Call Times

Well i,ll take your word for it then?
Community Veteran

Bad Call Times

Nope, still not correct but it is better.

Time is now 4 mins out and refreshes of the time data occur every 30 seconds not 10 seconds (refreshes are seen as 00 or 01 and 30 seconds past the minute). My system time is synced with a time server as I would have expected yours to be as well.
jberry
Grafter

Bad Call Times

Hi there,

The live stats are pulled directly off our realtime call monitor in the callcentre and the time is set against the phone system (which is atomic synched) so the delay of 4 minutes is obviously the processing delay.

They do update every 30 seconds, not 10 (not sure where that information came from).

Regards,
Community Veteran

Bad Call Times

From the bottom of the status page:

Simply refresh this page for the latest data. Inbound call handling updates every 10 seconds, the historical call graph updates every 5 minutes and the ticket handling stats update every 30 minutes past the hour.

So that needs to be changed to reflect what it actually does plus maybe a note saying it represents the status at the time mentioned in the table.

Luke also mentioned the 10 second update earlier in this thread.
N/A

Bad Call Times

First time i rang Plusnet it took 18 minutes to get a reply! I was in a patient mood! Since then its never taken more than 1 or 2 mins so its great as far as i can see, my only complaint would be that i've spoken to 6 people so far trying to resolve a problem and they've all said near enough the same thing and nothing actually seems to be happening. Also i've been promised ring backs twice now and that didn't happen. Not really a good start Sad