cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating SUP useage limits unfairly.

N/A

This seems a little unfair to me, and i've become a SUP victim after staying within the limits one month, then changing my product and having the new lower limits imposed on my previous months useage !!!!!

This was taken from my ticket 17652078 -
if i move upto the 8mb line and say download 160gb off peak for 2 months, then go back down to 2mb and download 80gb off peak you'll say i've broken the limits for the 2 months i downloaded 160gb because i'm on a 2mb line. That doesn't seem to be particularly fair.

the reply -
Unfortunetly that is the case

please discuss Sad
24 REPLIES
N/A

Just to help make things clear I have had this statment confirmed as true by mangement.

"A customers limits are not based on the product that they were on during that month, they are based on the limits of the product they on in the future"
crimsone
Grafter

What!?!?

I'm glad they don't calculate PAYE income tax like that! If there did there'd be an outrage!

Is that not a bit like the Inland Revenue stating that because you're being given a payrise today, they want to charge you tax on it for the last 3 months eve though you didn't have it back then?
ceridwen
Grafter

It's bad enough that the SUP limits are being applied retrospectively - but now PN are taking your money for faster service with higher SUP limits, and then giving you neither the >2Mbit speeds nor the higher SUP allowance!

What with not informing customers of major changes to the service provided, leaving support calls going unanswered over a week, and attempting to overcharge customers, PN reputation sinks lower every day.

Matthew
N/A

That is the most ridiculous set of rules. They obviously having factored in your historical package in the calculation they make for the SUP, the future use thing is just an excuse (do they have a crystal ball or something?). Its just administrative laziness and really isn't on.
Community Veteran

So not content with using historical usage to penalise customers on a new set of rules, they now state that they compare the historical usage against the product you are on now rather than what you were on then.

This is just plain crazy - the inland revenue analogy above sums it up well.

I think somebody must have got it wrong at PN, there is no way this could be the case as that would clearly be on very shaky legal ground. At the time you downloaded 160GB you were paying the premium to do it, and now you reduce your package, they compare that usage to your new tarrif and penalise you for it. No, that cant be correct.
N/A

I couldn't believe it either chesterfield, but that's exactly what has happened to me. When i asked that statement to be confirmed this is what i got as a reply -

"Unfortunetly that is the case, i have confirmed this with management over and over again and thats exactly correct, i can understand it does not seem correct but thats the choice they have made im afraid."

It's ridiculous
Community Veteran

The mind truly boggles.

Im actually going to be in contact with a client today who is a solicitor - I'll guage his opinion on this. As a bit of a legal novice, it seems completely wrong to me.

If none of the other stuff got trading standards in a huff, then this probably would.

Having just thought about it some more, lets say the following occurs:

1) You pay £39,99 in October and download 160GB anytime, you are within the limits specified for your monthly premium and your account is not affected.

2) You then downgrade to £21.99 in November and download the same ammount - this time you are outside the limits for your monthly premium, but this is the first time you have breached the limits based on your monthly premium.

If what you are saying is true, and PN then compare Octobers usage to your new premium in November (completely disregarding the fact that in October you paid the correct premium) and shape the service accordingly, then they are effectivley withdrawing the benefit that you paid for in the first month. Technically this is either theft, fraud or money by deception.

I think someone needs to get this policy run past the legal department asap as clearly someone has not thought this through.
N/A

That is pretty much what happened to me.

July I was on 4mb and downloaded 143gb.

After finding out i could get exactly the same for less money (i can only get a 1mb line) i changed to the 2mb package.

August on 2mb i downloaded 101gb

I've been put onto peak time management because i've gone over the 100gb limit 2 months, even though in july my limit was 150gb.

nice.
Community Veteran

Anyone from PN care to comment on this?
N/A

"A customers limits are not based on the product that they were on during that month, they are based on the limits of the product they on in the future"

bruhahaha!

"After consulting our clairvoyant, we foresee that you will be downgraded to a PayGO account in about two months. You have therefore exceeded the limit and we herefore will charge you a kidney or throttle your connection"

Wonderful, after having announced new T&C and we got used to their newspeak, we are now welcome to make ourselves familiar with doublethink.

The next step must be that all previous T&Cs have never existed...

Doubleplusgood that I received my MAC and have ordered Eclipse.
LiamM
Grafter

I guess that means that if you max out the limit for 8Mb and then downgrade, you'll be instantly SUP'ed?

So therefore, if you want to downgrade, you first need to ensure your usage is below the max for the product you plan to downgrade to for 3 months prior to downgrading.

This can't be right?
Community Veteran

This one really has me baffled - how on earth can this be correct? I stand by what I said, this could well be construed as fraud as the benefit (the 150GB limit) that has been paid for has effectivley not been provided.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi mountainbogg,

It appears that there has been some misunderstanding with regards to this. We want to be fair, and retrospectively applying 2MB SUP terms to a 4MB account is not fair.

I have read through the correspondance you have made with the support centre and would like to apologise for the confusion and innacuracy surrounding some of the replies.

This is a situation that was overlooked when rolling the training out across the support centre and I will ensure that this is rectified.

I have re-evaluated your usage figures taking into account the fact you were previously on a 4MB product. As a result of this, I have determined that you should be on the warning email level. I will make arrangements now for your profiling to be removed.

I would strongly suggest that you monitor your peak usage more closely. Over the last three months, and irrespective of the differing thresholds for the two accounts, you have exceeded peak usage guidelines on every occasion. You have also only narrowly escaped Peak-time management even taking into account the fact you recently downgraded account.

If you would like a more detailed evaluation of your figures then I can provide these should you PM me.

Once again, apologies for the incovenience this must have caused you, and rest assured we will take measures to ensure historical account changes are a deciding factor over future months.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Anyone know which ISP the management are working for because they are sure as hell not working for PlusNet.