cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to square 1

johnmglen
Grafter

Back to square 1

After a few weeks of hell, with download speeds worse than 56K and browsing that made you want to kill yourself, I have come full circle. Things seemed to get better, never did find out if anything was done (even though I asked) but now all is appalling once again.

Are there any ISPs out here who are not suffering from problems or are PN as good as anyone else in an overcrowded Isle such as ours with Victorian infrastructure?
17 REPLIES
johnmglen
Grafter

Back to square 1

Here we go again, the latest words of wisdom.....

Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

Dear *********,

The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found

According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support
N/A

Back to square 1

There's something seriously wrong for lots of us at the moment johnmglen,
Hopefully the absence of any PN staff on the boards at the mo indicates their looking into it.
johnmglen
Grafter

Back to square 1

Hi Ahoids,

Took me 20 mins to even get back to read this, they need to look a bit harder I reckon. :lol:
N/A

Back to square 1

*cynical mode on*
ohh i doubt they will look too hard until we have 20 pages of speed issue related complaints.
*cynical mode off*
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Back to square 1

Here we go again, the latest words of wisdom.....

That's an automated response from the fault checker, can you reply back with the results of the BT Speedtests and the fault guys will be able to look into it.
johnmglen
Grafter

Back to square 1

It may well be an automated response but it still makes no sense. How can my connection speed be - NONE FOUND? How can that be normal? Oh yeh, update.....it's now about 6:40 and the slowdown is well under way, this connection is grinding to a halt as I type. Is this what I can expect from now on, what has chenged on the network - has the load balancing that went on seriously ballsed things up?

I would be interested in an opinion from PN on this.
N/A

Back to square 1

HelloHuh

Listen up.... I dont want to spend my time conducting tests about my speed. If I had a hole in my shoe I wouldnt spend ages examining it before I take it back to the shop.

YOUR DOWNLOAD SPEED IT UTTER RUBBISH....

I AM NOT PAYING FOR THIS POOR SERVICE

I AM SICK OF THIS

DO SOMETHING
James
Grafter

Back to square 1

That's a message stating from running various checks with BT, no fault was found with your connection itself.
johnmglen
Grafter

Back to square 1

Hi James, thanks for the reply. As for the rest of my question, can you comment? Has there been something gone wrong on this part of the network. It seems odd, as we get into the evening period, my problems begin. I know it is peak load time but this is a newish thing for me and it seems to have happened since Plus Net advertised the load balancing stuff back in early Jan.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Back to square 1

Without the results of all the tests it's very difficult to draw any conclusions. It's easy to say that it could be one thing, but the results could easily show that it's something else. Each report of speed problems has to be looked at individually in order to determine exactly what the cause is in each case.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Back to square 1

Listen up.... I dont want to spend my time conducting tests about my speed.

I've replied to your ticket.
N/A

Back to square 1

Same my speeds are awful....
what do they say...speedchecker, no thats a pile of rubbish
its down to there poor infrastructure but then again there
getting there service through BT what is a pile of crap.

As i said in previous posts am going to slate this compnay very bad. Smiley
johnmglen
Grafter

Back to square 1

I understand your frustrations but I cannot just 100% slate PN. Over quite a few years the service has been great, I must admit lately however, that they have a problem at peak times. This is certainly a reasonably recent development for me anyway, since late 06 to present date. The real worry is that it is becoming common and there doesn't seem to be an admission from PN that there is a system wide problem.

I am an engineer (not in this area) but my experience of 23 years says that I would be looking for common factors, certain parts of the network and loading.

I'm certain that this needs to be looked at NOT from an individual, case by case viewpoint but from a 'what links these reports' perspective.

Even after all that, I am still largely satisfied with PN.
N/A

Back to square 1

yeah i agree johnmglen
but the thing is plusnet WONT admit the have a problem
they say to do they speed check , change filters, modems and outers etc. Doesnt make any difference

for the record am currently downloading @10k on a 8mbit line
something is Seriously wrong.

Until they get there act together i will be voicing my opinion
and vistiting other forums and web pages to tell people to stay away from this ridiculous so called ISP

well at least your got a happy internet connection johnmglen and
have fun !!!