cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back after a ban with questions

N/A

Hello,

I was banned from the forums for unconstructive comments etc for 48hours.

Anyway it seems a lot has happened in the last 2 days.

I have now been put on peak time management which means in real terms that all services now are BELOW dialup speeds.

I spoke to a CS chap who couldnt actually tell me why exactly but it seems it could be for 2 reasons.

1. Downloaded more than 100gb last month although no SUP was in place for the majority of last month.
2. Peak time usage. Although couldnt be told what I had used or how to find out. But hey thats PLusnet for you.

Anyway have had enough and the kind CS chap has said if I leave before my next billing date 5/10/05 then I will only pay £14.99 and not give a months notice. Got this confimed(not that I dont trust PN) Trying to sort it out now so I can move to ZEN (problem is my account cc is at the limit ).

So I ask you I now understand that limits have to be introduced but to restrict service based on usage for months that werent under the SUP is wrong.

This month I have used 60gb with the majority being out of peak hours.

Anyway once the CC problem is sorted I hope to be in ZEN by the weekend.
24 REPLIES
channel
Grafter

Re: Back after a ban with questions

1. Downloaded more than 100gb last month although no SUP was in place for the majority of last month.
2. Peak time usage. Although couldnt be told what I had used or how to find out. But hey thats PLusnet for you.

In respect of 1), the SUP was retrospectively applied to earlier months as soon as it was announced.

What does the VMBU meter tell you about your usage history?
N/A

Re: Back after a ban with questions

I did download over the 100gb limit last month as the strict limit wasnt in place when I was asked to read the terms by email on the 28th of August or when I spoke to CS on the 6th September. So how would I know to curb my usage given that I thought their were no limits? To apply retrospectively would mean I would have to be psychic and know that info I was told was lies/misinformation and trust me I would use this ability if I had it for other things(lottery).

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary
channel
Grafter

Yes, I understand the points made and I was also surprised when the SUP was applied retrospectively.

However, at the end of the day you are clearly what PN consider a "heavy" downloader (ie: using 6-10x the average bandwidth) and I think the truth is they don't want you around as a customer, so they will obviously do everything they can to encourage you to leave.

I hope things work out better for you at Zen.
N/A

Yeah I was surpised to have got this Link:Censored email. As soon as I was aware what the limits were I made sure I met them.

SUP was introduced on 15th Sept. I got an email saying I was a bad boy (120Gb) in August. Guess what... by end of Sept (depsite it coming in half way in month) I was not bad and this month I will also be fine (and about 1Gb in peak time so what are they whinging about).

My ticket in response to this Link:Censored from Pusnet got a response saying "We've been contacting people since November". Well if that WAS true then why was I not contacted at the end of August?

This whole mess smells of the aforementioned bull-doo-doo to me.

It cannot be right that T&Cs can be backdated. I'm not a contract law expert but I have a friend who is a barrister who I can ask.

For months I've been defending PN and arguing that if we are told the limits we can stick to them. Now as far as I am concerned PUSnet can go take a flying one.... :twisted:

Oh and since when has Link:Censored been a swear word?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Attempts to bypass the swear filter removed.
N/A

Im also on my way to Zen Cool

Just got my mac

Cya there Wink
N/A

With so many heavy users switching to Zen, it won't be long before they are forced to impose restrictions. Then where will you go? Or maybe you will just come to realise that gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins..... Wink
N/A

With so many heavy users switching to Zen, it won't be long before they are forced to impose restrictions. Then where will you go? Or maybe you will just come to realise that gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins..... Wink

TROLL :roll:
N/A

With so many heavy users switching to Zen, it won't be long before they are forced to impose restrictions.

Interesting thought...... I must confess I was considering a move to Zen myself but then have decided to hold off for a while to see what actually happens.A week ago I may have been more positive about a move even with quite a few heavy Plusnet users moving there I was confident that they had bandwidth to spare.But given Pipex's purchase of F2S I see a lot of heavy users from there preparing to move to Zen....... so I cannot help wondering now how the bandwidth to spare situation is going to develop and how long Zen can be one of the last bastions of unmanaged bandwidth; I am awaiting develpments over the next month or 2 with great interest.
N/A

Maybe you can realise that some of use want to make the most of our broadband connections, and don't wish to be paying for a "premiere" package for only email and web-surfing you utter twit.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of this. Those of us who actually get some use out of our broadband connections are automatically branded as greedy troublemakers.
If all you want is email and web-surfing, then buy a package designed for that (or go back to dial-up) you flippin n00bs; let those of us who actually get some use out of it reap the benefit.

Bandwidth shaping is fine; allow the twits to look at thier "corduroy monthly" or "teacosy heaven" sites and send emails at peak times (when they are not drowning in their own dribble).
Those of us who are heavier users will have our computers and connections on 24/7 anyway, and so can make the most of the available bandwidth overnight.

PN are supplying a "premiere" service - which is supposedly for heavier users - and yet alot of the heavy users are being penalised with dial-up speeds, and being told "you're very naughty".
Is the monthly cost lowered when these users are being capped to reflect this? no of course not....

Who are the greedy ones here?
:roll:
N/A

Some good points in this thread reflecting the one-sidedness of pn's actions. What is this email that keeps getting mentioned because I'm receiving a terrible service and only found out about all this controversy by coming to the discussion forums. I've received no notification or emails regarding my abuse of the service. I'm migrating anyway but just curious as to whether the "rules have been followed" (thats a joke by the way).
N/A

Well, stoop to low invective and puerile insults against anyone who differs from your point of view if you must.

We are discussing a service that costs less than £1 a day here.. If it doesn't meet your needs, change to one that does. Don't get hysterical about the 'unfairness' of PlusNet's business practices and bang on endlessly about how you've been wronged. No-one cares. You've expressed your views, so now migrate and be done with it. Then you can continue to download back to back episodes of 'Desperate Housewives' ad nauseam.

I'm happy with my corduroy..
N/A

Personal attacks and comments are not tolerated on these boards.

Keep posts calm and civil and avoid personal attacks.

If this thread continues in this fashion it will be locked.
N/A

some of us are paying for our usenet downloads - a point that seems to be being missed here.

While I'm here can no one shed any light on my email query above or is that taboo as well.
N/A

given Pipex's purchase of F2S I see a lot of heavy users from there preparing to move to Zen....... so I cannot help wondering now how the bandwidth to spare situation is going to develop and how long Zen can be one of the last bastions of unmanaged bandwidth; I am awaiting develpments over the next month or 2 with great interest.

A few people are making a lot of noise on the adsl forums. But moving to zen before f2s or Pipex have announced any changes is absurd.