cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT or plusnet?

Discostoo
Grafter

BT or plusnet?

Lots of people are having problems here and there but i was just wondering if anybody has actually had their problems resolved and whether it was BT or plusnet's fault?
8 REPLIES
N/A

BT or plusnet?

i think its BT because i had the same problems with wanadoo. Thoguh you havent explained your problem, i can only imagine you mean getting d/c to which i beleive the answer lies with BT
Community Veteran

BT or plusnet?

I'm not sure if the OP has a problem just wanted to know where other peoples problems lie...
N/A

BT or plusnet?

Hi

Well ive been able to compare plusnet and metronet as i have 2 lines at my house, the metronet account ive had since migrating from plusnet on the 29th of september, on that account ive not had a disconect my speeds on everything is fast no matter what protocol i use , ive not needed to use the CS not once yet,

As regards to the plusnet account i have mm well for the last 5 days it keeps disconecting but not looseing sync speeds on usenet and p2p are a fraction of the metronet account, my son has stoped playing online games as the pings are to high to realisticly compete , CS well cant really blame the staff as they are just towing the company line but they dont really solve any problems that ive been having,

So overall certainly in my case its plusnet not bt where the problems are,

thxs
Discostoo
Grafter

BT or plusnet?

Only had 1 d/c in 4 weeks, my issue as you maybe saw is the fact that my old dial up was faster, but i'm giving PN the benefit of the doubt for now, and perhaps blaming BT, we'll see eh?
munsy
Grafter

BT or plusnet?

I think the problems are from both.

Firstly I have never experienced so many drop outs that have happened over my time from being with +net, sometimes it is a daily event, but saying that notice was given that maintenance was going to happen.

It is obvious that this service is going through alot of changes recently and it is a individual opion if it is acceptable or not.

+net should accept that all these changes may not suit all customers and make it easy for the customers that are not happy with the changes to leave.

At the end of the day we as customers and +net as a customer aswell are in the hands of BT and +net or us can't do much about them. I think PN should be a bit more sympathetic to its customers and allow those to move on rather than introducing the changes and also trying to keep the customer level they have.

I also think that customers who have jopined in the last six months have been solded down the river and would feel that they have entered into a contract from hell.
mljhilton

BT or PlusNet

I don't know what the fuss is about. I've been with PlusNet Broadband for two months and haven't had any problems worth talking about. I think the service wasn't available one day, but these things happen. I work for an IT company, so I know a bit about it.

However, I am a low-frequency user, so maybe folks who are in here all the time have more opportunity to be dis-satisfied.
N/A

BT or plusnet?

Go with BT plusnet are twats !
Discostoo
Grafter

BT or plusnet?

Well, er...i wouldn't actually consider going with BT, i mean Rage Against The Machine and all that Tongue I despise them as much as the rest of the country does, This topic was based purely on whether peoples experince with PlusNet had improved, and whether that improvment was due do BT's actions(or inactions) or solely due to PlusNet's new T&C's being lifted slightly.

I dont use USENET anyway, Easynews i prefer. But i do use Azeures and BitTorrent and they're being crippled on my machine, well actually everything is. So far i've managed 3.2GB in 4 weeks with a torrent on 24/7. Cry