cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT migration

N/A

BT migration

Due to the events over the last few days, I have decided to move to another ISP.
Apparently there is a BT migration process setup which allows people to move their adsl billing to another provider.

I have recently spoke to plusnet customer service and they are refusing that this is possible.

Can plusnet customer service advise us as to why this is the case please?
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BT migration

hope this helps :-)

To our knowledge, ALL ISP's have received a briefing document from BT Wholesale on what the procedure is, and for clarity the parts pertaining to the user side are:-

The user contacts a potential new ISP and requests migration from their existing ISP.

The "new" ISP contacts the user's existing ISP for the "Customer ID Number" (CBUK) or gets it from the user (if known), and completes a request form to BT Wholesale for migration.

BT Wholesale contact the "existing" ISP for agreement to the migration and the "existing" ISP has 10 working days to respond to this contact. If no response in 10 working days, or the existing ISP declines the migration, the migration request will be cancelled by BT Wholesale.

If migration is agreed, the "new" ISP will be charged £35+vat for the work to be carried out (to cover the administration costs involved) and should then be in a position to provide the user with their new login details and a completion date.
The fact that in successful migrations the charge will be levied on the new ISP as opposed directly to the customer leaves scope for the ISPs to either pass on the charge in full or potentially to subsidise it (perhaps covered by some minimum term clause).

A word of caution - if you are currently tied into a minimum term contract, your current ISP is within their rights to charge you for fees that would be normal until such time as the contract would expire naturally. So if you are X months into a 12 month contract with your existing ISP, they could ask you to pay the balance up before they agree to the migration.
N/A

RE: BT migration

thx ged. already read that on the adslguide.org site.
It seems however that plusnet has not informed its won staff of thisHuh

> hope this helps :-)
>
> To our knowledge, ALL ISP's have received a briefing document from BT Wholesale on what the procedure is, and for clarity the parts pertaining to the user side are:-
>
> The user contacts a potential new ISP and requests migration from their existing ISP.
>
> The "new" ISP contacts the user's existing ISP for the "Customer ID Number" (CBUK) or gets it from the user (if known), and completes a request form to BT Wholesale for migration.
>
> BT Wholesale contact the "existing" ISP for agreement to the migration and the "existing" ISP has 10 working days to respond to this contact. If no response in 10 working days, or the existing ISP declines the migration, the migration request will be cancelled by BT Wholesale.
>
> If migration is agreed, the "new" ISP will be charged £35+vat for the work to be carried out (to cover the administration costs involved) and should then be in a position to provide the user with their new login details and a completion date.
> The fact that in successful migrations the charge will be levied on the new ISP as opposed directly to the customer leaves scope for the ISPs to either pass on the charge in full or potentially to subsidise it (perhaps covered by some minimum term clause).
>
> A word of caution - if you are currently tied into a minimum term contract, your current ISP is within their rights to charge you for fees that would be normal until such time as the contract would expire naturally. So if you are X months into a 12 month contract with your existing ISP, they could ask you to pay the balance up before they agree to the migration.
>

N/A

RE: BT migration

I dont think they told them that some users have got very slow internet access as well



> thx ged. already read that on the adslguide.org site.
> It seems however that plusnet has not informed its won staff of thisHuh
N/A

RE: BT migration

> Due to the events over the last few days, I have decided to move to another ISP.
> Apparently there is a BT migration process setup which allows people to move their adsl billing to another provider.
>
> I have recently spoke to plusnet customer service and they are refusing that this is possible.
>
> Can plusnet customer service advise us as to why this is the case please?
>

It always seems greener on the other side. Don't be too harsh on Plusnet. And when they finally upgrade I won't be surprised if they'll be the fastest around. Oh....and it'll be nice when the new CS staff are trained Smiley

cheers
Homerlovesbeer
N/A

RE: BT migration

>
> It always seems greener on the other side. Don't be too harsh on Plusnet. And when they finally upgrade I won't be surprised if they'll be the fastest around. Oh....and it'll be nice when the new CS staff are trained Smiley
>

Thanks for the feedback. We should be making a announcement shortly with regards to what will be happening in the near future.

With regards to the new staff we have employed I would just like to say that they are very technically minded and are currently working in our shifts system after going through the induction process.

If anyone would like to apply for employment at PlusNet the adress is careers@plus.net.uk.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: BT migration

> >
> > It always seems greener on the other side. Don't be too harsh on Plusnet. And when they finally upgrade I won't be surprised if they'll be the fastest around. Oh....and it'll be nice when the new CS staff are trained Smiley
> >
>
> Thanks for the feedback. We should be making a announcement shortly with regards to what will be happening in the near future.
>
> With regards to the new staff we have employed I would just like to say that they are very technically minded and are currently working in our shifts system after going through the induction process.
>
> If anyone would like to apply for employment at PlusNet the adress is careers@plus.net.uk.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dave Watson.
>
> --
> | David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support. for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
>

So this is the what it comes down to then is itHuh? The final realisation that the greater majority of Plusnet's customers know more about how to run the service than the employeesHuh??

Sorry Dave.. but I couldn't resist!!