cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT makes me want to scream!!!!

N/A

Hi all,

Just having a little rant about BT (nothing new there Smiley )

We have been having problems when it rains - the broadband disconnects and the phone hisses for a little while. The stats on the router go mad in respect of the noise margin which shoots up and down from anything from 3 to 28. It takes an hour or so for the broadband to come back online but the phone stays usable. Have reported this to BT who acknowledged on the phone that there was a problem between here and the exchange.

We had a wonderful engineer out today (not!), who looked at my computer and promptly said we were getting hiss on the phone because there was no microfilter. When asked what he thought the piece of equipment on the telephone point was he said it hadn't got written on it what it was and he didn't know anything about computers!!! He was off to the exchange to check there and if there was nothing found we would get a bill. He made no attempt to check where the line came in or the box down the road (had trouble there with pretty much the same thing when we first got broadband a couple of years ago).

I've tried ringing the fault line to ask what on earth he did at the exchange if anything and I keep getting a call centre who don't have a clue as to what I'm trying to say.

Suppose I won't know if there's any difference until it rains again.

Whoever reads this - thanks for listening - it saved me from clonking hubby over the head with a saucepan in frustration :lol:

Tracey.
8 REPLIES
painswck
Grafter

Careful - you could damage a perfectly good saucepan. Cheesy
N/A

Thanks for the laugh Hinkley - first time I've smiled today!!!

What with the BT man and the teenager who has just finished his GCSE exams and thinks he's spending the next nine weeks glued to Battlefield 2 etc. I feel as if I am banging my head against a brick wall.

Mind you, I've introduced him to an iron, a vacuum cleaner and hangers all within the space of two days (that's the teenager, not the BT man Cheesy ) I suppose that is rather a stressful procedure.
N/A

I've introduced him to an iron, a vacuum cleaner and hangers

Ah but will he use them?

arent the Summer hols wonderful :roll:
N/A

Good question!!

He looked a bit vacant, especially at the explanation of hangers - he was under the impression that they were to push his clothes under the bed with Cheesy
N/A

Hehe, ruining your sons plans!

I've had similar problems with BT and there supposably great helpline and technicians. My parents called 'em out ages ago to replace a 56k internal modem, and when the guy got to the computer he took the graphics card out along with the 56k modem and put the 56k modem in the graphics card slot, leaving the graphics card out. He then said it was the PC's problem and I had just got home then so I had to put the guy straight.

I'm a teenager myself (just finished first year college) and I plan to spend my time sat in bed with my laptop playing games (possibly Battlefield 2!), and I pray you do not know my parents ^_^

-Becen
Community Veteran

and what is wrong with being a teenager? I have just finished my GCSE's *cheers* and intend to spend as much time here as possible before going to florida on monday (I just hope we don't end up in mcdonalds for dinner).
N/A

Watch out for Battlefield 2 before you buy - cost my poor dear teenager a fortune (the game wasn't a bad price!!) He had to buy a new graphics card for a start, then the game.......sat down to play and discovered that his dvd rom wasn't fast enough to run the game so had to purchase a new dvd rom.

He is now a very skint teenager Cheesy

Tracey.
N/A

HA! Send him down the pits to earn some money then Smiley
Perhaps then he'll realise that the vacuum isn't that much hard work after all Wink