cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT line activation

N/A

BT line activation

is just simply a joke, will have been waiting a month soon before my line gets activated, before it ever actualy does get activated, im having to use somebody's computer at my old works to see if theres any news or updates regarding BT activating my line.

i saw a BT van parked up last night, employee's probably sat on their arse doing NOTHING, they should be working 8am till 6pm, 7 days a week, and possibly even more overtime, UNTILL they get this apparent 'backlog' of lines to activate sorted out.

Somebody out there must have some idea on when my lines going to get activated, or how long they had to wait to get their line activated.. all im waiting for now is for an engineer to flick a switch or whatever they do at my local exchange and ill be happy. I know its not PlusNet's fault, but there must be some way ot putting a priority on my order, and getting BT to sort it out asap or something.

could somebody from plusnet please phone and MAKE bt give you an activation date which you can hand on to me.

Thanks
Chris Cry

my ticket number is 17029032
10 REPLIES
N/A

BT line activation

if an admin reads this, could they please reply ASAP please, dont have net access at home for obvious reasons and cant stop at work for much longer so trying to get a reply asap.

cheers
chris
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

BT line activation

Hi there,

Apologies for this delay although, as you suspect, it is due to BT and not ourselves on this occasion. Have a read of my response here.

I cannot do much at the moment but will ensure BT Provisioning are called tommorrow with regards to this one.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

BT line activation

Ok,

Thought I would provide you with an update:-

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get any movement on this one. BTP currently have 1000's of backlogged orders. Even though your's is an exceptional delay, I cannot get them to do anything faster than they already are. We will keep on checking for you, but in the interim I can only apologise on BT's behalf and ask you to be patient.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

BT line activation

Perhaps PlusNet need to setup a meeting with your BTW or BTP account manager and give him a talking too, and at the same time, make a formal complaint to the regulators.
N/A

BT line activation

Unfortunatly, I doubt that would do any good.

BT have a SLA in place with PlusNet to provide orders on time. However, provided they meet this SLA, the one or two that slip through the cracks can stay there without issue.

Kinda puts things like SLAs to waste.

And the threat of moving providers is of little use, when the only way to provide to the entire UK with a decent level of service is BTW.
N/A

BT line activation

Normally SLA's have some sort of targets in them like x% of jobs must be completed on time, etc etc, however it is always worthwhile making a point to the contract manager / account manager with regard to each job/call that doesn't meet that target so that there is something that can be improved upon.

if you complain enough you normally get something back (compensation or an improved service).

I don't believe its an isolated incident as I had to wait 3 weeks and reading the forums we know of the number of people who have not been activated on time.

At the end of the day thats what the account manager is therefore to manage the account and make sure the customer/ client is happy!
N/A

BT line activation

I too have a customer who has been waiting almost a month, however since the issue is with BT I see no point complaining to PN about it.
PN have stated many times that they cannot improve the times it takes for BT's Provisioning team to get their act together.
My customer is not paying for the service yet, as it hasn't been provided, and they would have had the same delay with any other ISP which uses a BT Line.
N/A

BT line activation

Although its not PN fault , it is PN responsibility to keep chasing and pressurising BT as your contract is with them.

Whilst no doubt each ISP is having similar problems, some will be more successfull in persuading BT to get a wriggle on as they apply more pressure and take a pro-active stance. It would be intersting to see if BT's own service gets priority - certainly if you query whats happening via the BT site you get a swift answer!
N/A

BT line activation

I appreciate that some issues will get sorted out faster than others, and these may be regardless of which ISP you are with.
We constantly see PN sort issues out quicker that other ISP's do, and equally we also see instances where they are slower than others could have been.
I know that BT are behind scedule in some parts of the country, with other areas seeing almost no delay whatsoever. For example the customer who has waited almost a month is in Harrogate, whilst he has been waiting I have had one customer succesfully connected in South Leeds, and another in Warwickshire.
In the meantime I have have issues in East Leeds which have taken BT a week or two to rectify.

I am certainly not arguing with your sentiment, but surely you must accept that companies can only complain to a point, before people stop listening. Surely it is better for PN to continue their relationship with BTW in a positive vein, rather than fall out over something which BTW do not have the resource to put right?
N/A

BT line activation

ahh well, got an activation date now Smiley
im happy, well, happier heh. at last i dont have to stare at the little flashing light on my router to see if it will stop flashing anytime soon, heh.

however, the plusnet support has been v.good, after the point where my wait to get my line activated became v.lengthly, dont know if anybody phoned BT to try and get a date for activation as soon as a ticket was put on my account or something, before i had to phone up about 10 times before anybody took notice and forced BT to give me an activation date.. *shrugs* Wink

ah well doesnt matter, at least im not paying for a service im not receiving yet, which is good considering i bet most other ISP's would charge as soon as i ordered it, or as soon as the 'original' activation date passed.

however, the interactive plusnet support is wicked (when the customer has internet access at home or by other means/work).
Alot better than having to phone up and run the phone bill through the roof + getting frustrated when nothing happens Wink :lol:

anyhow, thumbs up all round to PlusNet (not to BT however, bunch of half-trained monkeys.. heh Evil )

now ive got this matter sorted (fingers crossed eh) i can try sorted car insurance out now, even more of a nightmare!!! at my age anyhow Sad

Cheers
Chris