cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT hugging bandwidth again

N/A

BT hugging bandwidth again

i have to say it but i think BT are hugging bandwidth again cos they did it before they would do it again.
I have spent all night downloading models and textures over night and not to my supprise i found that i aint finished yet again but adslguide says i am ok so where is my bandwidth.
I use visual route to check routers down the line to see what is going on and guess what nothing out of the ordinary, yet my bandwidth is being eaten.

I wouldnt trust BT with anything cos they are the lamest backstabbing company i know.:angryfire:
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BT hugging bandwidth again

Hi there. Are you sure it's not the server you're downloading from that's slow ? I do some big downloads at times, and Ive found that the download speed can vary enormously from server to server. I can download from a server and get only 5 or 6KBps at times, and almost immediatley go to another server and get 50 or 60KBps. Return to the first server and low speeds again. I thought it might be worth mentioning.
Regards, John Taylor.

N/A

RE: BT hugging bandwidth again

Hi Alan,

If you are having problems with download speed on your ADSL please provide us with the following information through Contact Us:

1. A traceroute to an external site

2. The average download speed that you get off a couple of external sites and also out of filevault here.

3. Whether or not the problem only occurs at specific time or whether it is all the time.

From this we will be able to look into your issue to pin down the root cause of the fault.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +