cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT have screwed up my broadband - Plusnet help please

lyndonp
Grafter

A couple of weeks ago I had an issue which I reported through the Fault checker. I was told there was a fault on the battery connection(Huh) and to report it to BT which I duly did. I could use my broadband there was no issues there so I have been using it since without problems.

BT have been saying for the last few days that they were looking at and would fix it shortly. Now this pm they have said they have fixed the fault on the line but now I can't use my broadband at all - the router will not connect anymore.

To make matters worse, the question which had been returned to be awaiting for me to say that BT had fixed the issue has now been automatically closed (whyHuh I was waiting for BT to fix) so I can't reply to the original ticket to say it has been fixed but no longer works and you (PN) can do whatever it was you wanted to do.

I find the Reporting system very frustrating - how can I report this to you - it wants to check the line - well I know the flaming thing is down - telephone line works OK though.

Can somebody from Plusnet please help to get my broadband back.

Thanks.
14 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi Lyndon,

I'd really like to apologise for this, our system has ceased the broadband aspect of the line due to your Metronet cancellation last month, despite me monitoring this for a couple of weeks to ensure this didn't happen. I'm escalating this internally to find out why this happened.

We've placed a new order for you today, unfortunately the earliest we can get this to complete is next Monday.
N/A

I don't suppose it's related but my ADSL fritzed at about 14.30-1500 today after a BT visit this at midday.

Location Holmfirth.

Steve
lyndonp
Grafter

Hi Lyndon,

I'd really like to apologise for this, our system has ceased the broadband aspect of the line due to your Metronet cancellation last month, despite me monitoring this for a couple of weeks to ensure this didn't happen. I'm escalating this internally to find out why this happened.

We've placed a new order for you today, unfortunately the earliest we can get this to complete is next Monday.

Mand - with all due respect that is totally acceptable.

Through no fault of my own PN have cancelled my broadband and I have to wait a week for it to be re-instated - not on. I was not even aware there was the possibilty of it being cut off.

I demand that this is escalated to the highest level and re-instated by tomorrow night - PN have screwed and have to pull out all the stops to rectify the situation. I can't see any reason why your guy can't get on the phone to BT, say you've really screwed things up and put this right.

I also want compensation it terms of a refund for everyday that I am without my broadband. I damn well hope you are not charging me for this utter fiasco.

Regards.
N/A

I also want compensation it terms of a refund for everyday that I am without my broadband. I damn well hope you are not charging me for this utter fiasco.
Regards.

Oh, that's really made me laugh.

The very best of luck with this lyndonp

Steve
lyndonp
Grafter

Just had a phone call from Mand - may still not get broadband back before next Monday (hopefully Mand can kick a$$ :lol: ) but feel slightly better for the personal approach and call. It does make a difference (plus the promise of some compensation)

Must say Mand and her colleagues do a great job on here and since moving to the "dark side" from Metronet I have had good service (which I also got on Metronet to be fair) plus 20% faster speeds for starters - just a shame somebody at PN Towers has just shot themselves in the foot and tarnished such a smooth move!

I would hate to be that developer that just got his nuts roasted by Mand...brings tears to the eyes! :shock:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Well she hasn't come back yet so I'm glad I'm not in the developers shoes!!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
lyndonp
Grafter

Mand promised me an email "within 5 mins" on Monday evening to confirm my refund due to the PN cockup.

I have PM'ed Mand twice 11/12th and noticed she is posting on here today but still had nothing back.

Please can you confirm the agreed refund by email.

Thanks.
Mand
Grafter

Hi Lyndon,

I can assure you I wasn't ignoring you, I simply did not receive a notification for the PM's you sent to me.

I've PM'ed you with the details, apologies if you didn't get the emails, but they are showing as sent.

The refund is already processing and should be with you shortly.
lyndonp
Grafter

Thanks Mand. PM received - sorted.

Not received any emails as per PM to you.

Think you need to give the guys a roasting over your lack of notification on PMs :lol:
Mand
Grafter

Think it may be my fault, I've been playing about with the email addresses. Shockedops:
lyndonp
Grafter

LOL - Oh dear, good job it's the weekend.

Line back up and working although my upstream speed is only 192kbs - should be 448kbs I believe. Portal is also showing my speed connection as 2500 and I want it to retrain to a higher speed if poss as I have removed the ring wire and am now getting higher sync speeds 5760 - used to be about 3400 ish down to 2900 before ring wire removed.

All in a PM Mand if you're still not getting notifications!!! :lol:

Thanks for sorting the lack of broadband issue out. Although it was PN's fault they have responded well to the situation. I always rate a supplier by how good they react when things go wrong! In this unfortunate case they have done as much if not more than they had to - thanks.

Please can you check out my u/s sync and speed profile. ta!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I've replied but can't really do anything 'til BT's system says you have broadband on the line.

See how it goes over the weekend and we can raise a fault for you next week if you're still having problems.
lyndonp
Grafter

Well......tried it this morning u/s was back to 448kbps. D/S had slightly increased from the 5760 too!

Anyway, tried a few BT, Plusnet and BBMax speed tests, slightly increased to 2.4Mb but nowhere near the BT profile which had dipped from 5000kbps yesterday to now 4500. Have kept trying on and off and still only getting around 2.5Mbps.

Decided to reboot router and just done a speed test and wooohooo BT speed test is showing

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Assured Rate IP profile on your line is - 4500 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 4261 kbps

(I thought it used to show you the u/s - doesn't it do that anymoreHuh) :?:

That is absolutely amazing! My best speed prior to this was around 2300kbps - that is almost double by what seems to have been achieved by removing the ring wire or BT have done something when they reconnected my broadband or the battery contact they fixed at around the same time PN ceased my broadband!

PN speedtester is now showing 3399kbps which is over 1000kbps better than it ever was.

Without putting the ring wire back on I can't be sure it is something BT have done different on the re-connection or maybe the voice fault fix but I'm one happy bunny now! A month ago on Metronet I struggled to get 2Mb downloads - I'm flying now!

Edit - BBMax is showing 4382kbps!
Mand
Grafter

Excellent news, keep rebooting for the next few days (once a day) and it may even increase further. Smiley