cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT error page

N/A

BT error page

Hi, I am having problems with connecting to some sites, most UK hosted sites seem to connect ok but when I try to connect to a USA hosted site I get a BT service info page with URL 194.74.65.98/index.html.
Is there a problem with Internet Servers somewhere?, cant be my end as +n, BBC, etc are connecting ok, so I seem to be ok through Plus net server to main backbone.
Any info appreciated

growler39 :roll:
9 REPLIES
James
Grafter

BT error page

N/A

BT error page

Hi James,
Yes, I had already looked there also Adslguide(as was) but no info, as I said I do not think it can be +n as I can connect to UK sites ok. I thought I understood that routing goes through whatever server works and had redundancy built in so 1 server down should not block service, but several Banks, US Social sercurity and several comercial addreses,all US sites I have tried to connect to fail with the BT page showing ?? This has pevailed since about 0805 this morning.

growler39
James
Grafter

BT error page

Ah sorry, my fault for skim reading.

In that case, it is really bizarre. Is it possible that you are using some BT DNS setting somewhere?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

BT error page

Don't know if this is related, but I started to get that page intermittently once, and a ticket to support suggested I reboot my router - which I did and it seemed to fix the problem.

Didn't seem to be specific to the USA with me though, happened with any site.

Not exactly sure why it would (seem to remember it having somthing to do with the DNS servers) - but anyway it is something simple to try if you have a router.
James
Grafter

BT error page

The something to do with DNS servers would be the router caching BT's DNS server, hence a reboot being needed to pick up the normal ones.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

BT error page

Ah OK - thanks James.
Was on the right lines anyway Smiley
Liam
Grafter

BT error page

Alternatively, you can set the PlusNet DNS servers manually in your setup.

Any 2 of :

N/A

BT error page

Bingo, reboot router,now ok.
What is puzzling is prior to reboot all UK sites ok, I googled BestBuy and got a connection, WallMart, got BT page, IRS (US taxman) got a connection. After reboot got all of em and all the earlier failed URL's.

When I have seen the BT page previously (and rebooted to correct it ) it has been because it was the result for any site I tried to connect to & not just sites in USA so I never gave reboot a thought this time . beats the xxxx out of me
Thanks a bunch Guys all systems up
Community Veteran

BT error page

That should be 212.159.6.10