BT bulk regrade tool

N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

Anybody know if the BT bulk tool is back in action yet HuhHuh

growler39
21 REPLIES
N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

Well i just got MAXDSL today. so im guessign its back, however im stil lcaped at 2mb when syncing at over 6mb,
N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

I think I have been upgraded just the other day as my router is syncing at 6mb but my speed is just under 2mb.

But I have no email from PN to say I have been upgraded. Anyone else found this?
mrchalk
Grafter

BT bulk regrade tool

That seems to be the norm - apparently...

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
JonathanW
Grafter

BT bulk regrade tool

We got the tool back on wednesday, so we've been able to put through a single batch of orders so far. Its probably these that you're seeing complete now.

As for speeds, give it a day or so for the various systems involved to pick up your new sync rates and you should start to see some increased throughput.
N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

Any chance that my having a block of IPs would delay me from getting MaxDSL?

Just wondering when I might see the promised speed upgrades.....

Going blue here....need to remember not to hold my breath...
JonathanW
Grafter

BT bulk regrade tool

Nope, a block of IPs shouldn't have any impact on when you get Max. Going blue, on the other hand, could cause quite a bit of delay with the order.
N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

I have it on good authority that purgatory has 100mbit leased lines..... Cheesy
N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

Thanks Jon, now I guess its just wait till my lucky number comes up (or down as sometimes seems to happen)

growler39 :lol:
Neondaze
Grafter

BT bulk regrade tool

I have just checked my ADSL staus on my router. I would be grateful if anyone could confirm if these stats ate good.

Upsteam 448(Kbps)
Downstream 8128 (Kbps)

Noise Margin - Up: 26db; Down: 11db
Attenuation - Up: 7db; Down: 10db
Community Veteran

BT bulk regrade tool

Just checking my router this morning and see upstream is now 448 but downstream is still the usual 2272.

Does this mean it's halfway changed over? OTOH the downstream noise margin is very low, which is often the case around this time of day (though I've no idea why as it's usually four times that reading at other times).

Aha! Downstream speed is slowly increasing, so should get better still when noise margin goes up (I hope).
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

We got the tool back on wednesday, so we've been able to put through a single batch of orders so far. Its probably these that you're seeing complete now.

As for speeds, give it a day or so for the various systems involved to pick up your new sync rates and you should start to see some increased throughput.

So you are saying that the orders placed this week will be upgraded this week, when those placed 1month plus ago by the q-jump system are still being totally ignored? See

https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44046

Not a very diplomatic statement or approach considering
Midville
Grafter

BT bulk regrade tool

The Q jump system is slightly different, if there are any free 'ISP' places left the Q jump will piggy back onto those free spaces. Regrades should/hope go through as per billing day of the month.

Thats how I see it.
N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

Thanks for the mention fella.

You see its like going the hospital... you have an appointment time. You sit down with a load of other people waiting your turn. almost painfully slowly people are called and disappear up the corridor. Eventually its your turn, you stand up relieved the wait over and head off down the corridor, turn the corner

and

and

sit down with the same bunch of people, waiting again.... etc
N/A

BT bulk regrade tool

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 7 db 2.5 db
Noise Margin 15 db 23 db

These are my stats and the fastest speed I am able to get is around 6M according to the PN speed tester.

These are about as good as stats get , so I have no idea how one would get 8M or have I been throttled to 6. I remember when I joined PN they said the most my line would take was 1MB until I complained a lot. Ever since then I always suspect capping by PN.