cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT are about as useful as 1 penny!

N/A

Ok, so I ordered broadband last friday and it got setup this friday and PlusNet activated my account. Anyway, I connected my DG834G wireless router to the broadband and guess what, of all the bad luck, it didn't work. The ADSL port just wouldn't come on. I phoned plusnet (who I must say were all helpful) and got to a guy in 5 seconds, now I remember back when I was on AOL it would take 5-10 minutes for an answer so 5 seconds is good. Anyway, he advised me to remove all phones out of the house sockets and plug the router in the main line and then swap spliiters about if it still didn't work. Even after swapping spitters it didn't work. I then phoned PlusNet again and got through after about 15 seconds, still good, and he advised me to try other DSL equipment. So I rushed up to a friends up the road who had the same router, tried mine on her line and it worked fine, but when I tried hers on my line, no adsl light came on. I then phoned plusnet again and they said it looks like an error in activation and they forwared it to faults dept. who will do line tests and then if they can't fix it, forward it to BT I am told.

So, to sum up :-
PlusNet - VERY SATISFIED WITH!!!
BT - VERY MAD OFF AT FOR MAFFING UP ACTIVATION!!!

Thanks to "flashasp" for refering me to such a good company! Lets hope I get my fault sorted soon eh.
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm sorry it hasn't worked "out of the box" so to speak. Sometimes this does happen. Looking at the ticket the fault guys have tested the line and found a possible problem but need to re-test it. Make sure you leave your router powered up and we'll try and get this sorted for you as soon as possible.
If as I presume from the test results it turns out to be a BT fault then we'll be able to raise this with them as what's called an Early Life Failure (or ELF) and credit you for the time it hasn't worked.
N/A

Well lets just hope plusnet can fix it at their end. I want broadband!!! I am sick of waiting for pages to load on dialup.