cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale!

N/A

BT Wholesale!

Hi,

This is the first time I have been able to get online today. I keep getting a message from BT Wholesale, which is obviously causing the problem. Not only is it slow now, but I expect your telephones are going nuts!

Do you have any idea when this problem will be resolved?

Cass
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BT Wholesale!

What message from BT Wholesale?
N/A

BT Wholesale!

Hi,

It comes up when I try to access firefox and (yuck) IE .......When I get it again, will attach it to this message.

Regards
cass
N/A

BT Wholesale!

Just checked my history ......this is the message .....

BT Wholesale

SERVICE INFORMATION
Close Window

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.

The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
You are testing your local connection to BT using
‘bt_test_user@startup_domain’
Or
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using ‘bt_test_user@domain’ where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.
Community Veteran

BT Wholesale!

That is a BT routing issue and not (normally) a PlusNet problem.

There are two options to stop it happening:

1) disconnect your ADSL line for 30 minutes to clear any stale connections.

2) manually enter the PlusNet DNS servers in your router or if using a USB modem, within windows.

212.159.6.9 & 6.10
212.159.13.49 & 13.50
N/A

BT Wholesale!

I've been getting the same problem all night as well. I keep having to close my browser and then try and access the site I want again.
LiamM
Grafter

BT Wholesale!

Closing you're browser typically won't do anything. Restarting your Router (if you have one) or simply reconnecting your ADSL will (hopefully) solve it.

Failing that you could always do as Pete suggested, i.e. manually configuring your DNS servers to PN ones.
N/A

BT Wholesale!

The best method if you don't want to manualy configure things is to force all the settings to reset.

Unplug your computer from your router and power-cycle the router.

Then restart your computer.

Once both are back up and running, plug the network cable back in.
N/A

BT Wholesale!

thanks guys,

I've done it, manually set my router, which I had done previously. All seems to be ok now.

Cass
LiamM
Grafter

BT Wholesale!

Strangely enough, shortly after posting this message whilst browsing the forums I started getting the same problem. Rebooting the router didnt help. Nor did manually setting DNS servers. Was still happening an hour later so I can only assume it was a problem with Demon (I'm at my girlfriends), or at my local exchange. Still, I left the router un powered to reset any stale connections and all it working fine this morning.
N/A

BT Wholesale

This has been happening to me for a few days now and it's annoying the hell out of me - I love having a broadband service where I can't get online!! I've followed all the suggestions posted here so far with no joy at all. Evil
N/A

BT Wholesale

This has been happening to me for a few days now and it's annoying the hell out of me - I love having a broadband service where I can't get online!! I've followed all the suggestions posted here so far with no joy at all. Evil
N/A

BT Wholesale!

me too, tried alsorts!
N/A

BT Wholesale!

Hi guys,

Find out from BT if they are working on your local exchange, it's not always a Plusnet problem, but a BT wholesale problem. If you have a router, try doing what has been suggested with manually inputing your DNS via the admin on your router. It worked for me, hope it works for you too!

Cass