cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale - connection problem

N/A

I decided to put my BT Voyager 2110 to a different location. I switched it off, relocated it and then rebooted the Router then my computer. I couldnt get connected. I kept on getting a BT Wholesale screen (green) . After 20 minutes of trying I have now managed to get connected but some of my favourite websites just bring up the BT Wholesale screen. Any suggestions.
42 REPLIES
N/A

I'm having the same problem.
Can only get +net portal.
Can get webmail or email via outlook.
Are you in the south Hampshire area like I am?
N/A

Correction CAN'T get webmail or emails
N/A

Looks like I jumped the gun.
All suddenly started working again.
N/A

I've had the same problem for around an hour and then suddenly jumped into life when I tried google.co.uk
Third time this has happened in the last 2 weeks.
I am on the Norfolk/Cambs border near Wisbech.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Hi there,

It sounds like your router has picked up some BT DNS servers there, if you set ours in there manually that should resolve the issue.

You can use any of these:

You may need to set these on your PC's as well.
Community Veteran

Ben, whilst the setting of DNS servers manually will work around the problem there have been many reports of this on the forums in the past week or so. Surely the root of the problem should be investigated and fixed?
N/A

got the bt page [up in scotland but the dns dont make sense [is that same as server ip address?]cause i aint got any of those in your response ie 212.15 etc :shock: so why do i get this page [+net not paying their bills lol] or should i twiddle my thumbs ,swivel in my chair 3 times and then try again [took 20 mins to get online tonite [exchange is all green ]
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As I've said somewhere else today, we are seeing this more often recently and are investigating further with BT.

In the meantime setting DNS manually or just powering the equipment off for a few minutes and trying again will fix it in nearly all cases.
Community Veteran

As I've said somewhere else today, we are seeing this more often recently and are investigating further with BT.

In the meantime setting DNS manually or just powering the equipment off for a few minutes and trying again will fix it in nearly all cases.

Ah, right I've not read every single post today and appears I've missed that one! Would it be worth setting service status to amber to indicate to those who do not frequent here there is a problem for some with ADSL and what to do? Also what about a message on the phone system like at the weekend when there was the MSO that appeared to kick all this off?

Jus suggestions, but I think they would be gratefully received by all and would give an extremely good impression - on saturday I had the BTw page and was having trouble rang up heard the MSO message hung up and resigned myself to waiting - it came back 5-10 mins later but I was mighty impressed (plus it reduces queue times)!
N/A

Perhaps a sticky in feedback outlining the issue, how to hardcode the DNS and a note that Plus net are aware and dealing.

Might save some grief.

Just a thought.
Community Veteran

Yip, I suppose we're alluding to the same thing, ensuring the customer is kept informsed.
N/A

I had this today, and couldn't really access the internet to find a solution, so I just reset my router to factory settings, and it came back to life again Smiley
Community Veteran

Indeed, hence my suggestion of the phone message ;-)

Glad you're back with us!
N/A

Hi there,
It sounds like your router has picked up some BT DNS servers there, if you set ours in there manually that should resolve the issue.

My connection just dropped, then my router picked up some other address which wasn't my static IP. I had specified it to use Plusnets DNS.